Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to clarify that we don't expect you to show up on a bike...

This is more of a social gathering...so bring your riding buddy's and wives/girlfriends if you like.

this is an open group...no restrictions as to what you ride. and you do NOT have to be a forum menber to stop by and mingle.
man, you really know how to take all the fun out of some things! lol

don't mind me, I'm just messing with you because I'm just jealous that I'm one state away from the "Quad State (NY, NJ, PA, CT) cycle riders" (aka "wolf pack"). :doh: lol

I think it's great what you are trying to do. keep it up! :smiley_th:beerchug:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I'm just jealous that I'm one state away
That can one day change, my friend.... ;) We may get larger, add more states, and mebbe for those too distant, a charter membership....
I mean heck, we're talkin about Laconia this year, so we may add NH, lol...

if i knew it would be in the 40's,i would even ride down
Well, you can always spend the night at my place. I got a fold out in the living room...I just gotta move all the bike parts....

Although it might make the lap dance more intriguing
I thought yer ol' lady was gonna dance..... :( .... ;)

.....just a note, I tried to edit out my comment about Tom's lap, even out of a few of the quotes, but I guess its too late....I should have read from earlier posts...bad wolfie, bad.....*tail between legs*...Im so embarrased.... :(

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
There ya go !!!! :smiley_th:smiley_th

Mebbe we do a meet one day us and you halfway someplace...big ol party...somewhere in mid- Pennsy Id guess....like rent a whole campground for 2 days, lol...cant cost too much in Mid Penn...aint much else there, lol. Dont get me wrong thogh, I spent much of my life in PA, and still do....even thinkin of moving there.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
man, you really know how to take all the fun out of some things! lol

don't mind me, I'm just messing with you because I'm just jealous that I'm one state away from the "Quad State (NY, NJ, PA, CT) cycle riders" (aka "wolf pack"). :doh: lol

I think it's great what you are trying to do. keep it up! :smiley_th:beerchug:
I will put you on the list of destinations for this coming season and since you said that you are only one state away we can find a half way point and a group of us can meet up. That cuts down on the riding time and gives us more time for messing and causing trouble. Maybe you can get a group of riders from your area to accompany you on the ride towards our territory. Keep that in mind and we will do the same.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Lets invade State College, PA...great burger place there, btw...and Krissy's Kabin near Deposit, NY....

And thats what this meeting/lunch/get together is for...not only to see ridin buddies during the off season, but also to plan out some kickass rides/trips/tours for the next season....I hope that all who can attend will, and will contribute their ideas....this will be the "First Annual"...hoping for many more in the future !!!!

·
2,494 Posts
it's all good.

not to worry. I'm part of the (as Denny6006 calls us) "Buckeye Bunch"! lol
I still say we need to start thinking about the logistics of the Quad State Riders and the Buckeye Bunch meeting at a halfway point this coming season. If you can look into a possible location and we will do the same on this end. Maybe a campground for a Saturday meetup with a nice ride and head our separate ways on Sunday.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still say we need to start thinking about the logistics of the Quad State Riders and the Buckeye Bunch meeting at a halfway point this coming season. If you can look into a possible location and we will do the same on this end. Maybe a campground for a Saturday meetup with a nice ride and head our separate ways on Sunday.
Vulcan2000 see Wolfie's quote below.

Lets invade State College, PA...great burger place there, btw...and Krissy's Kabin near Deposit, NY....

And thats what this meeting/lunch/get together is for...not only to see ridin buddies during the off season, but also to plan out some kickass rides/trips/tours for the next season....I hope that all who can attend will, and will contribute their ideas....this will be the "First Annual"...hoping for many more in the future !!!!

Wolfie, something like that (^) may work. State College is around 4 1/2 hrs ride from where I live. is that about the same for all of you "wolf packers" too?
also, I have been wanting to take a ride out to Shanksville, PA.. I am going to try and plan that ride this season too.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Yup...about equidistant...same with Depost and my friends farm (we can rent it for 3 days if we want (for peanuts), and can do anything we want there, shooting included)....we were also talking about a Pennsy covered bridges tour (Tom had mentioned that), and mebbe a Amish thing....I dunno though, they got that badass mafia there now though, lol...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Wolfie, something like that (^) may work. State College is around 4 1/2 hrs ride from where I live. is that about the same for all of you "wolf packers" too?
count me in on that ride!....but only if Ruger promises to bring "them bones" along with him :smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Cool...I'll look into whats around there besides the actual college and the burger joint, and figure out a group ride.

·
2,494 Posts

State College, PA? I am sure there are better places than that available. I never cared one bit for Penn State and care even less now. Just my personal feeling and I'm not trying to push it on anyone else.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup...about equidistant...same with Depost and my friends farm (we can rent it for 3 days if we want (for peanuts), and can do anything we want there, shooting included)....we were also talking about a Pennsy covered bridges tour (Tom had mentioned that), and mebbe a Amish thing....I dunno though, they got that badass mafia there now though, lol...
did some one say shooting? lol that sounds like it could be a good old time! but that is a little bit more of a ride. form where I live to Deposit, NY., it's around 6 1/2 hrs. :doh: lol but don't take that as a "no", I still make try to make it! lol

State College, PA? I am sure there are better places than that available. I never cared one bit for Penn State and care even less now. Just my personal feeling and I'm not trying to push it on anyone else.
to me, I wouldn't really care where it's at in PA.. where ever 4 1/2 hrs riding east gets me, that's cool with me. lol

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
shooting?

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
shooting?
not to worry. I've got you in my sights. lol

just like with Kanuck69, I will get together with you this summer for a "Scoot 'n' Shoot" also! it on my list......the thing is, my list is starting to get long again! :doh: lol but I am going to make it happen this year! I will be out in Toledo at least 1 weekend this summer for sure.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
well, State College got a great burger joint where they make them monster burgers for groups...I mean it aint like we're gonna be hangin out there...we're gonna meet, have lunch, do a group ride, go home type thing i guess....

But now Ms Krissy got some acreage up there just noth of deposit...there is a house and cabin, plus outbuildings, camping, shooting, goin crazy, bonfire, live music, dancing girlies (may need to settle for DirtyDoc's 2 barmaids in bikinis), and then there's the Cannonsville Reservoir, which makes for a great ride. For 3 days, with say 20+ attending, would cost about $40 per head...thats less than $10 per day. Naturally, extras might make the cost vary. I mean, she'd give us free reign over the place...even a backhoe there so's i could dig a big firepit...

I aint been out that way in awhile, but the Alleghenys between Scranton and the ohio flatlands make for some great riding too....

Ruger...why dont ya come up with kind of a central starting location for your guys, and I'll come up for one for us, and we'll draw a cupla circles around em (like 100 mi, 200, 300, 400 radius) to see where "common ground" is....might make it easier.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, State College got a great burger joint where they make them monster burgers for groups...I mean it aint like we're gonna be hangin out there...we're gonna meet, have lunch, do a group ride, go home type thing i guess....

But now Ms Krissy got some acreage up there just noth of deposit...there is a house and cabin, plus outbuildings, camping, shooting, goin crazy, bonfire, live music, dancing girlies (may need to settle for DirtyDoc's 2 barmaids in bikinis), and then there's the Cannonsville Reservoir, which makes for a great ride. For 3 days, with say 20+ attending, would cost about $40 per head...thats less than $10 per day. Naturally, extras might make the cost vary. I mean, she'd give us free reign over the place...even a backhoe there so's i could dig a big firepit...

I aint been out that way in awhile, but the Alleghenys between Scranton and the ohio flatlands make for some great riding too....

Ruger...why dont ya come up with kind of a central starting location for your guys, and I'll come up for one for us, and we'll draw a cupla circles around em (like 100 mi, 200, 300, 400 radius) to see where "common ground" is....might make it easier.
that sounds like one hell of a good time! woo hoo, sign me up! lol

now, as for a "central starting location"?......that maybe a little bit of problem. I'm way up north and I mean north! if I was any more north, I'd be IN "Lake Erie", literally! most of the "Buckeye Bunch" are in the Columbus, OH. area. that's around 150 miles and/or 2 1/2 hrs south of me! :doh: lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Well I knew where you were, just wasnt sure about the rest since THE MAP IS GONE...grrrrrr

So, thing to do is to find yer furthest north member, and yer furthest south...draw a line and the central for you guys would be halfway, right ?...I'll do same with us....then we draw a line between those 2, and then make a rectangle like 200mi north of that line and 200 south....that "box" would be potential meetup spots, the midpoint being most preferred.
we got a few months yet to figure it out though methinks, lol...around here anyway...I had to chop the ice and snow to get into my garage today...I still got like 8" on the ground. Aint been warm enough to melt down.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Just a note...the map is back...must have been server issues...but this will help in planning a lot ! Thank you, powers that be !!!! :beerchug:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
nice riding all around Deposit area.back roads around Masonville and Walton,Sidney,Sidney center,and Bainbridge are nice too

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well I knew where you were, just wasnt sure about the rest since THE MAP IS GONE...grrrrrr

So, thing to do is to find yer furthest north member, and yer furthest south...draw a line and the central for you guys would be halfway, right ?...I'll do same with us....then we draw a line between those 2, and then make a rectangle like 200mi north of that line and 200 south....that "box" would be potential meetup spots, the midpoint being most preferred.
we got a few months yet to figure it out though methinks, lol...around here anyway...I had to chop the ice and snow to get into my garage today...I still got like 8" on the ground. Aint been warm enough to melt down.
ok. I kind of understand how that could work. here's the deal....Centurynick and I are both the most furthest north "Buckeyes" (him being in Toledo, me being in Cleveland). the most furthest south/west are "bat" & "Easyrector" aka "EZ-C" both in Cincinnati, OH.. that's a 3 1/2 hrs / 200+ miles ride north/south between Toledo,OH. to/from Cincinnati,OH.. it's almost a straight line north/south I-75! lol
I just did a mapquest on it and it looks like the the half way point (give or take a few miles) between the 2 is Sidney, Oh.. but Sidney, Oh. is about 4hrs southwest from were I live. I would need to find some place southeast to meet up with the rest of the "Buckeyes" if we were to head out your way east to meet up with the "Wolf packers". lol man, so much work to do. lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts