Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on an EarShave very soon, I have noticed each person uses a different main jet, and all say the bike runs great. I have read some use 140's and some all the way up to 170's.

I guess my question is "which pilot jet and main jet should I use for Midland, TX.

In the middle of the West Texas Desert, 2600 ft. above sea level. Dry and low humidity.

Will 2 shims be enough for the stock needle?

Thanks for your help...

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I read on one of the groups I beleive 135 or 140, I might be wrong going by memory.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
dta116 said:
Am I the only guy that is curious about the jets?
Well, it is the weekend. I'd guess some are out riding.
I haven't done an ear shave, so I can't be of much help.
Sorry:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe that 138's are already in there...Someone correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
If you are still "stock" then "the book" say's that you "should" have 132"s and the optional jets are 138 & 140....
per "the book" ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
dta116 said:
I believe that 138's are already in there...Someone correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks
I just did mine this weekend 132's were what was in there, and 38's were the pilot jets(slow jets). Rule of thumb I've been told is 40/140 with people sometimes putting 142 in the rear carb to run the hotter cylinder richer. I used 42/140 with a 143 in the rear. Runs like a M.F.

Forgot to say 2 shims under each needle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks RickU, I ordered some 140, 142, 150's with some 40's as pilot jet.

I don't know how others get away with 170's, It has to mean black smoke !!!!!

Thanks again..

·
Registered
61 Posts
You should have what you need then. Probably 40/140 142 rear would be the good combo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts