Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
lots of places sell jets for our bikes... but your best bet is to contact Lance, he is the jet guy for our bikes.. he knows exactly what jets you need for what elevation and mods you have done to your engine and exhaust.

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
I just got my new jets for my bike through PJMotorsports.com out of Oregon State. Small Mom and Pop company ...very good prices....excellent customer service....great informative website. These people really know there Keihin and Mikuni Carbs......Carb parts is there main business. Check them out....I very highly recommend them. If Lance(our carb guru on here) has the jets and needle shims....I would support him and buy them through him. He is a great and very helpful guy....and has been very helpful to me on this exact subject. :smiley_th

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
I just got my new jets for my bike through PJMotorsports.com out of Oregon State. Small Mom and Pop company ...very good prices....excellent customer service....great informative website. These people really know there Keihin and Mikuni Carbs......Carb parts is there main business. Check them out....I very highly recommend them. If Lance(our carb guru on here) has the jets and needle shims....I would support him and buy them through him. He is a great and very helpful guy....and has been very helpful to me on this exact subject. :smiley_th
What part number did you use for Keihin jets?

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Main Jets are 99101-393-XXX (135-152 ?)....then the last three digits would be your desired jet size. Pilot Jets are N424-22-XX (40-45 ?).....then the last two digits would be your desired jet size. These are genuine Keihin Brand Jets. I think they are like 7.00 dollars a piece plus shipping? That is through PJ Motorsports (503) 873-8992 Remember they are on the West Coast so they are on Pacific Time!

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Also.....don't forget to get needle shim washers (009-396) pack of 12 washers from PJ Motorsports. Changing the jets without adding 2 shims to the jet needles is defeating the purpose of changing the jets. Without shims you still won't get the fuel flow that you are looking to get from replacing the jets......The Late ....but Great "Ron...Lance328...Mullinix" taught us all that tip!!!!!!!:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Main Jets are 99101-393-XXX (135-152 ?)....then the last three digits would be your desired jet size. Pilot Jets are N424-22-XX (40-45 ?).....then the last two digits would be your desired jet size. These are genuine Keihin Brand Jets. I think they are like 7.00 dollars a piece plus shipping? That is through PJ Motorsports (503) 873-8992 Remember they are on the West Coast so they are on Pacific Time!
Thanks.. You saved me allot of searching.:smiley_th

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Obama reported for camouflaged advertising in first post

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Dial a Jet/Intelejet is taking the topic a little bit sideways, but may be of interest to others like Ironman in Colorado who has to deal with elevation changes of 4,000-11,000 feet of elevation. This is a quote from him last summer.
I installed this on my bike, mainly because of jetting problems with the extreme variations in altitude here (4K - 11k feet!) but will work at any altitude. It's called Intela-Jet. It's simple to install but not necessarily easy. Cost me about $260 (w/shipping) to do it myself. No computer needed. No air induction changes needed! It's an upgraded version of "Dial-A-Jet".

I absolutely love the thing! I can adjust my jetting simply by turning a knob while riding! How cool is that? Anyway, it might be worth looking into. If you want more infor on it, talk to Lon at Thunder Products.
Read articles about both Dial a Jet and Intelajet to understand theory behind the device. Basicly you start with the carbs set lean, and the Dial a Jet feeds a lightweight vaporized or atomized gas charge that moves at high velocity to the cylinders as needed, for instantaneous throttle response under all conditions. There is a controller on the handlebar for fingertip jet changes on the fly when climbing or descending and encountering less or more dense air respectively.

http://www.thunderproducts.com/IntelaJet.htm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts