Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to get the components together to do an ear shave. I found a thread by "great1" where you recommended #40 idle/pilot, #142 main jets, 2 shims and 3 turns out. I live in the same area as great1 791 ft above sea level. I have 1 1/2" diameter open pipes on my bike with a 170/80-15 rear tire and I weigh in at 230 pounds.
Would you recomend the same set or not?

Thanks

Guy

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I'm starting to get the components together to do an ear shave. I found a thread by "great1" where you recommended #40 idle/pilot, #142 main jets, 2 shims and 3 turns out. I live in the same area as great1 791 ft above sea level. I have 1 1/2" diameter open pipes on my bike with a 170/80-15 rear tire and I weigh in at 230 pounds.
Would you recomend the same set or not?

Thanks

Guy
If you have open pipes (no baffles) I would go with #42 pilot and #145 main. :beerchug:

Reactions: fergy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If you have open pipes (no baffles) I would go with #42 pilot and #145 main. :beerchug:
The PO for some reason cut the stock pipes and spliced on 1 1/2 tubing. The only thing inside my pipes is carbon.
I'll let you know in a few weeks how it worked out. Thanks again.

Great1: 791 ft asl is the elevation of Cleveland Hopkins Airport. I'm about 10 minutes east of it in Brook Park.

Guy

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
Lance Help, I'm thinking earshave myself i have stock exhast at about 500ft (though i do a lot of riding over the passes, I ride the **** out of my bike... scared to tackle the carbs but i think it would be best for what im trying to accomplish

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Lance Help, I'm thinking earshave myself i have stock exhast at about 500ft (though i do a lot of riding over the passes, I ride the **** out of my bike... scared to tackle the carbs but i think it would be best for what im trying to accomplish
#40 pilot jets #140 main jets and 2 3/4 turns on idle screws and 2 shims under each needle. I have the jets and shims you need. contact Crobins365 and ask her for the earshave instructions I sent her, she may also have the pod filters. The instructions are step by step with everything you will need with part #'s. :smiley_th

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
#40 pilot jets #140 main jets and 2 3/4 turns on idle screws and 2 shims under each needle. I have the jets and shims you need. contact Crobins365 and ask her for the earshave instructions I sent her, she may also have the pod filters. The instructions are step by step with everything you will need with part #'s. :smiley_th
How much do u want for the jets and shims contact me at [email protected]
c\How do i find crobin365?

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts