Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so when i hit about 80 my bike decides that the front cylinder isnt gonna fire..... i think its starving its self for gas. i ordered my filter pods last night.... im gonna have 1 5/8 inch straight pipes on it. what jets do i need? how do i put them in/on.... idk what im doin on this so some help would be nice. thanx

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok reading back thru old threads i found that i need 140 mains and 40 pilots... where r these on the carb? lol im a n00b when it comes to carbs. also im ready to buy them... do i need push in or screw?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Your going to want larger jets than that runnining straight pipes.I have 142 mains and 42 pilots on mine with the pod filters and drilled out MAC pipes I also have 2 shims under the needles.Your going to need screw in.Here is the link for the mains http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihin_Main_Jet_99101-393_C78.cfm?Page=2 and here is the link for the pilots http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihin_Pilot_Jet_N424-22_C82.cfm .
As far as what size I have read from old threads of guys using 150 and 155 but you may have to try a few to get the combo that best suits your bike.And as far as doing it the best way I can tell you is to search thru some of the old threads there is atleast one that really explains it in detail and helped me out is is better than I could do. Good luck.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your going to want larger jets than that runnining straight pipes.I have 142 mains and 42 pilots on mine with the pod filters and drilled out MAC pipes I also have 2 shims under the needles.Your going to need screw in.Here is the link for the mains http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihin_Main_Jet_99101-393_C78.cfm?Page=2 and here is the link for the pilots http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihin_Pilot_Jet_N424-22_C82.cfm .
As far as what size I have read from old threads of guys using 150 and 155 but you may have to try a few to get the combo that best suits your bike.And as far as doing it the best way I can tell you is to search thru some of the old threads there is atleast one that really explains it in detail and helped me out is is better than I could do. Good luck.
so buy 2 main jets, 2 pilots, and 4 shims?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yes you need 2 each on the jets and I think the shims come in either half dozen or full dozen.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you need 2 each on the jets and I think the shims come in either half dozen or full dozen.
ight... and to change these i take the carbs off and theyre under the float bowl?

·
Registered
722 Posts
yes you need to remove the cover on the bottom of the carbs and you'll see the jets. And then you need to take off the top dome cover and the needle goes down through the slide/diaphram.Leave the rear cyl./carb boot attached to the cylinder and the front one attached to the carb.leave the throttle cable attached take them out the right side of the bike and rest them on the foot peg.And all this is much easier with the tank off and the air box plenium removed.

·
Registered
722 Posts
That's basicly the idea the needles will look different but you just add the shims under the head of the needle.

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
Bro, before ya do anything else contact www.factorypro.com............
And get kit number CRB-K24-3.0..........THESE GUYS KNOW THEIR S--T.
Here's their phone number 800-869-0497. Good luck.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's basicly the idea the needles will look different but you just add the shims under the head of the needle.
man i jetted my bike today and its sooooo much faster. it sounds better 2. thanx bman for all ur help

·
Registered
722 Posts
Glad I could help!!!! So have you noticed any dead spots on the upper end of the rpm's at full throttle???

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad I could help!!!! So have you noticed any dead spots on the upper end of the rpm's at full throttle???
nah but i need to mess w/ the air-fuel mixture more bc when i go to leave a stoplight it acts like it wants to die; however, when i start to go its fine

·
Registered
722 Posts
What do you have the idle speed set at???Mine did the same thing but the idle was set too low.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
idk i dont have a tach lol im just messin around till it runs well lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts