Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Jardine pipes

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jimmiet 
#1 ·
I have two questions concerning exhaust systems. First, i notice a few owners that have or had Jardine systems on thier VN750s didn't like the pipes. Can anyone explain why? Second, regarding goatbelly replacement with a crossover pipe: How can you get away with two single pipes on an after market system, but you have to have a crossover pipe when you do the de-goating with stock pipes? From what I read here you MUST have tha crossover piece or you will lose performance. Thanks for any comments.
Jimmie

#2 ·
from my understanding of how exhaust systems work, you will need that crossover pipe. The purpose of it is to allow the gasses to pass through both pipes because the baffles create backpressure. it will also help make them quieter.

Now on aftermarket pipes, they use less restrictive baffles so a crossover isn't needed as much. but typically the Db's will be much higher. not all aftermarket pipes will give you power gains, matter of fact some will even sap a lil.

#3 · (Edited)
I have Jardine pipes and like them. The Vance & Hines look better for my taste and have a better finish. They are also very loud. The finish on my Jardines are not up with the V&H and are more like that of the VERY loud Cobras. My Jardines were built in 1990 so maybe quality control of welds and finish have improved. When I de-goated my stock system, I did not add the crossover pipe. I drilled holes in the baffle plates at the end of the mufflers instead to lower backpressure. It worked well but was pretty loud. The macperformance.com system is the least expensive after market system ($209). The baffle design is similar to the Jardines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.