Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Jardine forward controls

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Lootux 
#1 ·
I have just bought Jardine forward controls and was wondering if these can be in stalled and still use my Fire & Steel engine guard.Does anyone else have these controls? Where they easy to install ?Do you like them better than the stock equipment?

#2 ·
I had a engine guard on my bike but not the Fire & Steel model. When I took my bike to the shop to have the fwd controls installed I chosed to remove evrything. When I checked on the mechanic he was installing the fwd controls with my engine guard still on the bike. Of course I had him remove them. So I guess you can have both - maybe?

#3 ·
i have those and i really like them as i'm somewhat tall (6'1). i cannot really know how it would have been without them since that is how i got the bike from PO. the only thing it is kinda hard to lift your behind when crossing Railroad and such.

#4 ·
Has Any one tried to manufacture their own foward controls? They look like plate aluminum all you would need to do is cut the patterns and fit them togeather. :motorcycl

#11 ·
I have thought about what would be needed to do this....
you would need steal... and to make things easier... you would need to make a few layers to get the stength needed... aluminum would waver too much... but you are right, its just a few patterns, and all bolted together...

#7 ·
I installed mine myself, and I am probably one of the least mechanical members of this group. The forward controls are one of my favorite mod's to my bike as I am 6'2" and I love the added leg room. I think they look great on the bike as well.......

Good Luck

Stevie D.
Chicago

#8 ·
I had to remove the engine guard to install the forwards. I believe the guard that was on my bike when I bought it was a fire and steel. Looks like what I've seen in pics as fire and steel anyway. I love em. Like Stevie D said. I love the extra legroom they give. I didn't have any trouble installing them. Sorry they didn't work out for you Brion.

#9 ·
I second Lurch's question.

Is there anyone that has bought the forward controls or made their own that would be willing to trace the parts, give interior hole sizes, basically make a pattern?

They really don't look like they'd be hard to manufacture ourselves - I've considered trying making some myself - worst that'd happen is I'd waste a few bucks worth of material and a day. I just haven't thought about it enough, nor do I have the machining or design experience that I hope to eventually have.

Maybe if someone at least took a bunch of good, detailed pics with dimensions (as a starting point) one of us could whip up our own forward controls and share a pattern with the group. If I end up making my own I'll make sure to do a basic autocad sketch of them if they work well (far, far in the future).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.