Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
I'll give you the $250 right now for those if you take em off ebay before someone bids on em. Doing that you also wont have to pay the 3% selling fee and the paypal fee. Let me know.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
How tall are you half shell? Did you like riding with the forward controls? Do they make low speed manoevers more difficult? I need more leg room on the vn750, but think I will be better served with highway pegs and leave the stock controls were they are. They look good though, and I`m sure someone will buy them.

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
Goddamn it, people. I was watching those!! Now they're going to go through the roof.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am about 6.3. I loved the forward controls they helped me alot while riding. with the original controls my legs would get cramped after about 30 minutes. The forward controls did help me with manoevers, but it may be different with other people because of their hight.

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
Someone who has mechanical skills needs to buy these, make a pattern, and get us out from under Jardine's thumb on this. I think about 50% of us who have this bike want them, everyone who is over 5' 8".

I would be willing to chip in if someone would be willing to do this. It's way beyond my abilities right now, but if someone could make forward controls for this bike at a reasonable price I bet they could sell 50 sets easy.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Someone who has mechanical skills needs to buy these, make a pattern, and get us out from under Jardine's thumb on this. I think about 50% of us who have this bike want them, everyone who is over 5' 8".

I would be willing to chip in if someone would be willing to do this. It's way beyond my abilities right now, but if someone could make forward controls for this bike at a reasonable price I bet they could sell 50 sets easy.
great idea man!! that would be sweet:rockon:

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts

There are several folks on the forum that have the capability, whether or not they have the tme and interest...

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
I'll put in $250 toward the endeavor with the understanding that I get a set. Maybe if 4 or 5 of us did the same it would be enough cash to make it worth the person's while? It's easier to find time if there is some compensation involved.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
I'll put in $250 toward the endeavor with the understanding that I get a set. Maybe if 4 or 5 of us did the same it would be enough cash to make it worth the person's while? It's easier to find time if there is some compensation involved.
I might be with you on that boat krebsne. My only requirement would be that they don't look like they were made in the back of a garage. I seen some super cool mods in my time that they turned out perfect due to the prep and planing involved. Then I've seen some super cool ideas but lack in taste in making it happen, although functional just plain ass ugly. I don't do ugly!!! Just ask my wife!!!

Peace:beerchug:

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
OK, that's two of us willing to chip in some cash. I am pretty sure anyone who came forward and was willing to take this kind of cash would know how to make them look nice. For my part, I would want them a little more raw since I don't like the whole chrome thing, but I'm sure there are ways to accommodate both approaches. Powder coating, etc.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
I agree, they don't have to be chrome, polished aluminum works fine, powder coated black is sharp. Just not big and blocky, have some style to their design.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I am about 6.3. I loved the forward controls they helped me alot while riding. with the original controls my legs would get cramped after about 30 minutes. The forward controls did help me with manoevers, but it may be different with other people because of their hight.
I`m 5'11" and feel scrunched up too. Likewise with ride time, after 30-40 minutes riding, I have to get off and walk around for a few minutes.

How much further ahead are the Jardines?
What about the height of them too, compared to stock, higher, lower or the same?

One more question. Is the pedal on the shift lever any longer than stock? I`m looking for an esthetically pleasing way to lengthen the pedal on mine, for the upshifts.

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
Well I'm thinking the idea would be to basically copy the Jardines design-wise, so the only real difference would be the finish. To keep them cheap the person making them could just provide them as a basic model in bare metal and let the buyer finish them locally. So one could paint or powder coat or have them chromed on your own. Or I suppose if the person has the stuff to do some or all of that they could offer it at an additional charge perhaps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I'm thinking the idea would be to basically copy the Jardines design-wise, so the only real difference would be the finish. To keep them cheap the person making them could just provide them as a basic model in bare metal and let the buyer finish them locally. So one could paint or powder coat or have them chromed on your own. Or I suppose if the person has the stuff to do some or all of that they could offer it at an additional charge perhaps.
Well make that 3 of us i would throw down on that as well. I got $ 250.00 do we have any takers?

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
My only complaint about the Jardine Forward Controls (besides the retail price) is that they bring your legs up too far. Still, they are a great addition for us taller riders and I think look nice on the bike. I have been looking at these by AME that do the Chopper Conversion kits as they seem to be lower than the Jardine's but would love to hear if anyone has any experience with them......

http://tinyurl.com/muwjmn

Stevie D.
Chicago

·
Registered
293 Posts
Got a question. Will the forward controls work with the kawi engine gaurd installed? I seem to have very little clearance with everything in it's original configuration.

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
Got a question. Will the forward controls work with the kawi engine gaurd installed? I seem to have very little clearance with everything in it's original configuration.
Don't know for sure but I bet not. Anyone know for sure?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts