Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some Chaps on the Jafrum website for $39. The weather is getting cooler around here and I want to keep riding to work in the morning so does anyone have any recommendations on Chaps?

Heres the info on the Jafrum chaps:

Leather Chaps - Unisex Plain Motorcycle Leather Chaps.
Item: LC401
Brand: Jafrum
Style: Classic Plain Chaps
Material: Cowhide Leather
Color: Black
Thickness: 1.1-1.3mm
Lining: Nylon mesh

Heavy Duty Cowhide lined leather chaps, cover with flap, zipper on sides. These are lined quality leather chaps, always the quality you expect from Jafrum.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I bought a pair of chaps before I got my bike.
Practically any chaps will be a good windbreak, but the thicker the leather the more protection you will have in a slide.
The highest quality chaps will have each leg made from one large piece of leather, not several smaller pieces sewn together.
I am a big guy with a 50" waist and no hips to hold the chaps up. I need to get some suspenders if I continue to wear mine.

You do not have any protection if you are sliding on your butt after a crash.
If I were planning on doing much cold weather riding, I would look for riding pants instead of chaps. Just my 2 cents worth.:)

·
Redneck on a rice burner
179 Posts
I have chaps for cool riding{Like'em} .For cold weather I bought leather overalls off ebay.I've had them for 3 yrs now{Love'em}. Some leather is better than none!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Found some Chaps on the Jafrum website for $39. The weather is getting cooler around here and I want to keep riding to work in the morning so does anyone have any recommendations on Chaps?

Heres the info on the Jafrum chaps:

Leather Chaps - Unisex Plain Motorcycle Leather Chaps.
Item: LC401
Brand: Jafrum
Style: Classic Plain Chaps
Material: Cowhide Leather
Color: Black
Thickness: 1.1-1.3mm
Lining: Nylon mesh

Heavy Duty Cowhide lined leather chaps, cover with flap, zipper on sides. These are lined quality leather chaps, always the quality you expect from Jafrum.
I think these are the exact chaps I bought last year. I would certainly recommend them. I had them hemmed at the local leather shop to fit my stubby legs. I wore them quite often last fall and this spring, and everyday I rode to work through the winter. They did quite well blocking the wind on my short trips to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts