Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So......I will try to make this short and sweet. I had the infamous no-charging problem. Pulled the motor, replaced Stator. Replaced and relocated R/R. Both are Ricks Motorsport. I also replaced all of the wiring, bought the entire harness off ebay for like $45. I replaced a bunch of other things but not relevant to this problem. I got it all back together, hit the start switch.......nothing. I test all wiring and it HAS to be the J/B. I wired a starter switch from the battery to the solenoid. It turns over like a champ. But I cannot get it to run. It even backfired once or twice. I have ordered a J/B and i am hoping that once I get it in the bike would turn over. Any other suggestions of what I may be missing? I really want to get the ^&*($%^ bike running ASAP. I ride Full-time and I tore it down 5 weeks ago and keep finding new problems. I've been stuck riding my 250cc and its killing me.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
So......I will try to make this short and sweet. I had the infamous no-charging problem. Pulled the motor, replaced Stator. Replaced and relocated R/R. Both are Ricks Motorsport. I also replaced all of the wiring, bought the entire harness off ebay for like $45. I replaced a bunch of other things but not relevant to this problem. I got it all back together, hit the start switch.......nothing. I test all wiring and it HAS to be the J/B. I wired a starter switch from the battery to the solenoid. It turns over like a champ. But I cannot get it to run. It even backfired once or twice. I have ordered a J/B and i am hoping that once I get it in the bike would turn over. Any other suggestions of what I may be missing? I really want to get the ^&*($%^ bike running ASAP. I ride Full-time and I tore it down 5 weeks ago and keep finding new problems. I've been stuck riding my 250cc and its killing me.
It may be a problem with one of the safety switches.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tested the wiring from the Switch all the way through each connector and to the J/B. Then from The Solenoid to the J/B. All Circuits were good. I plugged everything back in and was not getting 12 volts to the solenoid. The only link in the circuit that i did not test was the J/B. I am just trying to avoid putting it back together and finding that there is something else wrong. The only problem with the bike when I tore it down was the stator. Now I keep finding others. I really thought that when I bypassed the starter circuit and turned the bike over, it should have started. I am assuming that the wires for the ignitor that run through the J/B are the problem right now. But if I put the J/B on and find that something else is wrong, i am going to throw this POS in a F9&*&ng Lake.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
the JB sends a ground to the Ignition Control Box via a black/white wire on pin number 14. try jumping pin 14 to ground...if that works, move the jumper wire to pins 12, 15,and 16 one at a time... that will tell you if you have a bad diode or a bad safety switch...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts