Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While digging into the left side cover to get to the R/R terminals, I dropped a tool into the labyrinthine cavity between the frame, the battery box, the engine, the swing arm, and all the other craziness going on there. I got it, but my magnet-on-a-stick also pulled out the following:

Apparently ferrous, overall length .285 inches, base diameter .500. There's a groove between the base and the next big cylindrical section.

Any ideas? I'd really like to hear it's not a motorcycle part or not an important one...

Thanks in advance.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
It's part of the oil pump pressure regulator valve, and this is not good for you!!! :doh:

This can cause severe and/or catastrophic engine failure if this were an actual part from your bike. Just messin' with ya' !! ROTFLMAO :beerchug:

You picked up a stray part from a Harley!!! :hitanykey

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
It's either the cover from the Frazen valve or the end of the Shnanark pin which is what holds your degronerator up. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Trailer axle cover cap.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
It's solid steel and only 1/2" in diameter so it would have to ba a very small axle. :beerchug:
Yeah, that's what I meant, off a very small trailer. :wow::baby:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Do you ever see any clear smoke...???
Anyway it is the stopper for the left side of the smoke grinder, usually they smoke a bit but that is all, you can't usually see the smoke as it is clear...
If you put it back, be sure and clean the black off or sooner or later the smoke will be black and embarassing to ride... As black as that one is on the inside flat I would suspect someone has been running kerosene and moth balls for a while...
Of course that is just my opinion, others may see signs of some other fuel being run...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
It is not a motorcycle part...at least not a vulcans. My guess it is part of a small flashlight or the cap off one of those retractable magnetic tellscopic things you use to fish out lost parts in you bike...(Ironic huh?)

Just about all the motor parts are aluminum, and it definitely is looks like a cap for some tubular thing. At first I thought it was an old fork tube cap...untill I read the size.

There are alot of things that can fall into the works of someones bike that are not bike parts. Hell. I had mice living in my bikes tail section.......

KM

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is not a motorcycle part...at least not a vulcans. My guess it is part of a small flashlight or the cap off one of those retractable magnetic tellscopic things you use to fish out lost parts in you bike...(Ironic huh?)
Not that ironic, in retrospect. :)

·
carbon unit
369 Posts
My guess is,it's a a cap from a universal joint minus the needle bearings one would nomally find inside. I think it could have been dropped there by the person who was trying to find something besides a marble to "marble" their reed valve hoses.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've seen this before but suffering from CRS I can't find it in my memory banks right now. It's not from you bike though.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yeah yeah next to the Delithium Crystal modulator.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Yeah yeah next to the Delithium Crystal modulator.
Part of the Flux Capacitor,he's stuck here now ,won't ever get back to the future

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks a lot like the end cap off a panic bar.
You know exit hardware? Von duprin, corbin....
Or the end cap for just about anything made of hollow pipe stock.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
It's clearly the right end of a left-handed metric screwdriver.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I love how you took a blurry picture to make it a challenge for us! JK! It might have helped if we could actually see it but my imagination is telling me its the screw in end of a flashlight, although most of these I've seen are aluminum and have an o-ring around the base, but maybe the steel insides are attracted to a magnet enough to pull it out of the inner reaches you were fishing in...???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts