Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks I start the tear down of lulu today! I timed it perfect the weather is goning to be nasty for a a week or so.

things that are going to happen:

1. Tank, Fenders, and side covers going out for body and paint (going a dark candy apple red with celtic flames).

2. Exaust comes off (new exaust will be here wednesday).

3. Pulling the rims and tires (wheels going out for power coat)

4. Pulling Pegs (New pegs will be here friday)

5. Pull trun signal lenses (new Blue dots comming on thursday).

6. Pull all crome (need to be pollished really really bad).

7. Mask off engine for frame painting (krylon black).

8. Clean up of engine (in frame LOL not that crazy).

9. Lube of rear splines (why not will have the wheel off any way).
Wish me luck !

I will post pics of my progress. God I cant wait till its all done Lulu will be one nasty looking little B***H. If I am missing any thing I could do while she is in this state let me know. The more the Merrier!

:motorcycl

·
239 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, How much is the paint on the tank ,fenders,and side cover going to cost you?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Have you ever changed the fork fluid?
NOt that hard, could put in Progressive springs at the same time.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Good luck with everything Lurch.
And ya know, if ya forget the pics, we'll have to use the
:worthless
on ya !!!

And like Chad said, fork oil change wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Good luck with everything Lurch.
And ya know, if ya forget the pics, we'll have to use the
:worthless
on ya !!!

And like Chad said, fork oil change wouldn't be a bad idea.
Lurch forget the pics....not likely.....lol...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I already have plans to get rear progressive shocks as for the front springs where can I get them at a good price. Good idea to change out the fork oil as well.

Spriddle the panter is going to do the paint and fix the dinger on the tank for 700 bucks about half price evey where else he already has the paint from a job that cancled.

When i told ya about the celtic flames I am cutting a few corners. I bought some Iron Horse tatoos TRIATIC Titanium / Graphite Titanium there vinyl but look hella cool. What we plan to do is once he has completed the paint and wet sanded I (yes I said I will.) will apply the graphics he will apply additional coats of red tinted clear to protect and seal in the graphics.

I also am looking at a mustang seat saw one on ebay that caught my eye for 380 with shipping. But im looking to see if i can get it cheeper.

Oh one more project came up. GRRRR the led light system had a slight melt down. Dam wires were so small they melted togeather have to re wire (using larger guage wire this time. (lessons learned):doh:

OK here are some nice pics of the tear down :smiley_th

Although I Will say I will miss riding her for a few weeks.

so here is the galary its lulu's
http://www.vn750.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=551

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok here need some advise.

Since I am having the wheels power coated i was thinking that i will also need to power coat the final drive case. How much work am i looking at to tear it down and what are the consumables (parts that will need to be changed out)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts