1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Alot of people (me included) swear by Metzler 880's.
They wear good and grip better.
I also went with a 110 on the front.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Dunlop 404's are good bang for the buck but Metz's are suppossed to be the best.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bike tires are a lot like race car tires, great grip means wear fast. Expect to change them about every two-three years. Rears should last about 6000-10000 miles and front lasts about as long as 2 rears. Make sure you service your drive shaft splines every time you change the tire.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If that's all I should expect out of the tires life then I'll be going through 2 rears a Year! Damb, Saving gas is getting expensive. Another question, How mush should I expect for mount and balance? Is $39 decent? They will take if off the bike and remount for that.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Just my two cents… I was concerned with riding under rain conditions and wanted the best tire I could get. Without having an education in tireology lol I asked gYpSy and she stated she rode from Texas to Alaska and back again on Pirelli MT 66 Route Tires. I've been riding on them since last June and haven't had any complaints.
Ok, this is an aside but I just bought 4 Michelin Cross Terrain SUV Tires for my Explorer Sport Trac and they ride smoother and quieter then my Last pair of Michelin M/S's. Sorry for digressing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts