Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a 281 mile afternoon ride on my 41 yr old GL500 ADV build today. Awesome weather in the high 80's to Wynoochee Dam/Coho camp ground. 221 miles on one tank and still not on reserve. ❤ That bike with 64,200+ miles on it. Paid $200 for it 17 years ago. 😂
Tire Wheel Sky Water Vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Beautiful scenery and love the bike. That baby looks like she is ready for some serious travelling! High temp here was over 100 today with humidity you could cut with a knife. And the AC went out.

• Wow
Reactions: dirtrack650

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
My first bike was a Honda Shadow, so there's a special place in my heart for them. Eventually, I'd like a Goldwing. For long, long, long road trips. I'd like to ride the entire coastline from Maine to Washington state, but cutting across Texas, because I don't feel like getting dysentery or a helmet full of bullets in Mexico.

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
Only a 300 mile camping trip to the mighty Pacific. Inland 102°, campsite 64°
Even carried enough wood for a evening fire🤣
Never really noticed until now that the engine seems very exposed. It almost appears as if it's hanging from the upper frame. Any disadvantages to the design that you've discovered?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are great bikes, Honda's version of the MotoGuzzi 😆. The motor is part of the frame (stressed engine), the only drawback is it's solidly bolted, and with a 10k redline, the grips get a bit buzzy at interstate speeds.
More info here if you're interested:
CX/GL Honda

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
These are great bikes, Honda's version of the MotoGuzzi 😆. The motor is part of the frame (stressed engine), the only drawback is it's solidly bolted, and with a 10k redline, the grips get a bit buzzy at interstate speeds.
More info here if you're interested:
CX/GL Honda
Thanks, read the page and learned something new!

Imagine having to design the transmission so that it twists opposite of the engine to counteract the torque! Is this the same as an interference engine in a car? I once had a Honda Prelude 2.0 S.I. that I loved to death. I remember getting it serviced and that's what the mechanic called. I still have no idea what it really means, other than the motor was sideways.

Here's what it looked like. It was fast and stayed glued to the road. I miss this car:
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive side marker light

(Not my picture, btw.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts