Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all been busy in the garage with the vn750, when the bloke delivered it last Saturday it would just start then cut out wouldn't rev or tickover, battery not very good bike hasn't been on the road since 1998, so I have been scouring the pages on here for insperation and boy did I find it in bucket loads, we have no site like this in the UK so it was great to find you all here and I must firstly thank you all for the great information you have put onto this site, well long story short have had the carbs of (nightmare) and cleaned the jets and stuff out one jet was totally blocked, got it back together last night and it started eventually but only on the rear cylinder but I hadn't got all the filters back on then, went out this morning replaced the filters set the air mixture checked for spark on front cylinder tried her again and she fired up straight away, I also bought a new motobatt gel battery wow they have some power, so we are now running will deal with the leaking fork seals next then the spline grease, have cleaned electrical connections also :beerchug:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good to hear you got it ok,,and you sound as though you are getting there !!. Good luck. Ps,,oh,gimme ya disks...lol. :smiley_th

·
2,521 Posts
Good job, keep it up!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi all been busy in the garage with the vn750, when the bloke delivered it last Saturday it would just start then cut out wouldn't rev or tickover, battery not very good bike hasn't been on the road since 1998, so I have been scouring the pages on here for insperation and boy did I find it in bucket loads, we have no site like this in the UK so it was great to find you all here and I must firstly thank you all for the great information you have put onto this site, well long story short have had the carbs of (nightmare) and cleaned the jets and stuff out one jet was totally blocked, got it back together last night and it started eventually but only on the rear cylinder but I hadn't got all the filters back on then, went out this morning replaced the filters set the air mixture checked for spark on front cylinder tried her again and she fired up straight away, I also bought a new mattbatt gel battery wow they have some power, so we are now running will deal with the leaking fork seals next then the spline grease, have cleaned electrical connections also :beerchug:
Can you tell me make etc of gel battery please,im going to buy one. cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts