Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on the forum since God was a little boy. I no longer own a VN 750 but I need some info. When I owned my 750 I complained of lurching on cold engine start ups. The fault as we all know is the cluch and the fact that it's a wet clutch. There was/is a member that operated a transmission repair facility that had and sold clutch discs that illiminated the lurching and the "coffee grinder" noise. I installed a set of those discs and the difference was like night and day. I'm a stickler for keeping names and addresses but I can't find that member's name. Does any of the older members remember who he is?:confused: I sure would like to see if he has discs for my 2009 V Star 950. Thanks

Mike

·
Super Moderator
11,927 Posts
Really?

I'd think we'd all like that info....;)

Don't really remember anything like this. There was a guy that talked about an alternative to EBC Kevlar plates....some company that began with a V that made a "red" materaial ....???....sorry. LOL....nothing....

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Wow. I only recall drilling the clutch basket to eliminate the "coffee grinder" sound from the cold clutch. Sorry Mike, I can`t help you. :(

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Wow. I only recall drilling the clutch basket to eliminate the "coffee grinder" sound from the cold clutch. Sorry Mike, I can`t help you. :(
Same here. I believe Kawasaki even sent it out as a memo to their dealerships 'back in the day'.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really?

I'd think we'd all like that info....;)

Don't really remember anything like this. There was a guy that talked about an alternative to EBC Kevlar plates....some company that began with a V that made a "red" materaial ....???....sorry. LOL....nothing....
I do remember purchasing a light bar from you Knifemaker, I think it was from you.
Yes the discs were a reddish color but I just can't remember the man's name or outfit that he worked for or owned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts