Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2005 last weekend. Had just gotten off the freeway and the bike stalled at a stop sign. I tried to restart it, but it just cranked, would not fire. I parked it and came back about 30 minutes later. It started with much trouble, but would not idle. I got it to the dealer, he said it has a bad coil or ignition problems. I was enjoying the bike until this. It will be sitting at the dealer for about a week. Is stuff like this common? Please tell me this is only a fluke.

It is now almost 2 weeks later. The bike seems like it is fixed and is running well. I will be ready for the 600 mile service soon. I am not real happy with my dealer, but will give them another chance.

·
Registered
160 Posts
While I have heard of this happening on a new bike before, I don't think it is "common". As some have said on here the electrical system is the most common weak point on our bikes. But by percentage it doesn't seem to be a major problem. Hopefully the dealer will have it corrected it soon and you will be back to enjoying your bike.

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
Right now, I'm wishing I had done that.

SweetSausage said:
My vote is that it's just a fluke. I bought the VN750 brand new, specifically because I have no mechanical experience. Knock on wood, she hasn't failed me yet! (She's an '03, with 14+K miles.)
Jill

·
Now what
400 Posts
Most likely just bad luck. My bad luck involved a bad stator right off the show room floor! Got it fixed under warranty, of course, and it runs like a champ now.

It's been almost two weeks, how'd everything turn out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts