Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding my bike last night and it happened I hit a skunk and yellow musk went all over my helmet. Boy do I Stink Now.......

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't know if i should laugh, or try to console you, but in the current time *Throws cans of tomato juice at you from up wind*

How did the bike take it? Do hope it's not too messy for you to clean up, that is a rather awful thing.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
use duech to get rid of the smell. when the dog gets sprayed by a skunk, the dog gets a nice duech bath. believe it or not, it really works.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I almost want to laugh but I guess it's really not funny. Last week I had a Skunk run on to the road but he did a 180 and went back in the ditch. Good thing for me.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Ok, I can see your boots getting skunked.. but your helmet?? Where was your head?
And yes, avoid tomato juice, it doesn't work as well as they claim and if you don't get it all rinsed off.. it turns rancid and just about smells worse then the skunk!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well, Stinky, that just stinks!!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Also a good fix is to mix Baking soda and Hydrogen peroxide, and Dish soap, Wash with it. I have used it on my Dogs before and it really workes and wont turn your hair and cloths red
http://dogs.about.com/cs/generalcare/p/skunk.htm
Lucky you and the bike are ok aside from being smelly.I feel for ya that is really bad.My redbone gets skunked 1 or 2 times a year and I use what Ccspinner said and it works like a charm.Never tried douch although I might next time.That will be fun to buy at the drug store. Goodluck unstinking yourself.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts