Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been sitting for 4 years. front caliper was frozen so we had to pop it loose to get it to load. it needs some tlc, new tires for sure, turn signal stem on the rear, carbs cleaned and a battery. 97 750 18k on the odometer. factory crashbar, signal relocaters , high back rest and some ugly ass saddlebags. i plan on cleaning her up and not modifying her as long as it checks out ok. this will be more of a quiet bike for some of the functions i attend. it will also let me go to town on my 85. $300.00 with clean title

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
The accessories alone paid for that bike. Well done, and good work saving another one instead of parting it out on eBay.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Great buy! Congratulations.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Sweet find Dave

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The accessories alone paid for that bike. Well done, and good work saving another one instead of parting it out on eBay.
as soon as i saw what was on it i knew it was worth it. it would be a shame to part it out. its got a lot of lifetime left in it. im sure the paint is gonna clean up nicely. i will dump the old saddle bags for a new set of bags but nothing else unless its broken.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

got a chance to tear into her. need turn signal, rear stalks are rotted. master cylinder works and calipers were froze up. i may have to replace some brake stuff but its well worth it. need a new battery. both tires a decent, pirelli's route 66 so im happy with that.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Sweet

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well she runs. put fresh fuel in her, added a battery and it cranked over about 5 times and started. rough but it runs. needs new air filters, spark plugs. carbs should be taking off and cleaned. 13.35 volts at idle about 13.6 at 3k so charging system seems fine. needs front brakes look at. i had to drain all the corroded fluid from the master and calipers, so i need to bleed them, we all know what a pain that is.
head light issue, no power to it. fine at fusebox but nothing at high/low beam switch. took it for a 2 mile ride and was able to hit 70mph but needs some help.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
earshaved tonight. picking up some aluminum tomorrow to make coasters, uni's on the way and picking up a breather locally. ill pull the carbs and clean them while im at it. new spark plug wires as well

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Might have some calipers will look

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well since i decided to play the game of change the appearance of the 700 i decided to take all the tin off the black bike and install on her. the 900 seat has to be done yet, looking at lower shocks and the 14 inch apes feel great. i ordered a new clutch and throttle cable. rerouted the the choke cable and the switch wires and they work fine. ill probably part the seat and extended back rest, i have two crashbars to sell as well. ill keep the engine for a spare

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Like the apes,brother Dave.can't wait to see her lowered.still haven't found those calipers

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
well since i decided to play the game of change the appearance of the 700 i decided to take all the tin off the black bike and install on her. the 900 seat has to be done yet, looking at lower shocks and the 14 inch apes feel great. i ordered a new clutch and throttle cable. rerouted the the choke cable and the switch wires and they work fine. ill probably part the seat and extended back rest, i have two crashbars to sell as well. ill keep the engine for a spare
There is a guy on here who just posted in the newb section asking about crash bars . If you've still got one of yours , check it out

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is a guy on here who just posted in the newb section asking about crash bars . If you've still got one of yours , check it out
thanks for the heads up, he did email me today

Reactions: denny6006

·
Registered
509 Posts
Front Calipers?

I have a set of calipers. There was a small leak so they would have to be rebuilt. If you are interested there yours cheap $5.00 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a set of calipers. There was a small leak so they would have to be rebuilt. If you are interested there yours cheap $5.00 plus shipping.
cool with me, ill send you my address for shipping. they will probably fit in a priority mail box. zip code is 17112

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gonna rain all weekend, its cold and no garage. since its just me and the critters here, i brought her in to start removing parts.

Reactions: ruger

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

brought the 700 in to start the work on her. clutch, swap fenders and gas tank, found a cracked fuel inlet on the rear carb so i got 2 brass ones on the way. swapping petcock over to the yamaha manual and adding new fuel lines and filter. alot to do but at least ill be warm and dry

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
found out this was not the original clutch. bottom cover hole was heli-coiled and no gasket on the cover. luckily i had some heli coils to replace that one. picked up brass fuel fittings, getting the rest of it put together. ill get some pics of the clutch discs i took out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts