Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got new LED turn signals, while hooking up the front left, I accidentally let the black wire from the new blinker touch both black wires from the bike. Headlight went off and left side won't blink, unless I turn hazards on. Fuses are good, so what did I fry?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
If the left blinkers work with the hazard but not the turn signal, you're looking at a bad signal switch or bad connector to the signal switch. The harness wires for the signals 'Y's just before the plugs for the hazard and signal connectors.

Are you sure the headlight went out? It doesn't come on until the engine is running (unless you've done the blue wire mod). Are both high and low beams out? does the 'headlight' lamp on the dash come on at all (even very very very dimly, as in you can't see it unless you cover it with your hand) Does the highbeam indicator ever come on even if the headlight itself doesn't illuminate?

Can you be more specific about what black wires you touched? Most of the wires in the headlight assembly aren't actually black even if they look like it (just dirty). Were you hard-wiring to the signal wires in the harness (bullet connectors chopped off?) and touched all the wires together? Ignition off but battery connected?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts