Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
I used to sell floorboards...then I stopped, but another member here made them using the same design.
Now, he stopped making them, but another member here "might" be making them soon.
You can however go to the photo link below where I have a layout on how to make your own....which any metal shop should be able to whip up for you if you lack the means to do it yourself. The boards were made from 3/8" aluminum not 5/16 like the layout says. Any non slip material can be used to cover them.
Most folks here that have them never seem to sell them...

There's a crash bar on eBay right now:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/261791225651?_mwBanner=1&rmvSB=true

·
stone
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe you emailed my son today regarding the floorboards, and I also saw the site with the specs. It would be alot easier for you to start making them again LOL. I'm savy in the kitchen but not on a bike. Let me know if you reconsider!!!

Sarah

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Do an introduction in the newbie section.we'd like to get to know ya.you like to cook?I'm a career chef of 25 years

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Engine Guard _ Crash Bars

I have an engine guard that I am willing to sell. It is used, but it looks like it was never on a bike. It comes complete with spacers and the instaltion instructions. I can send you pictures if you are interested. I am asking $150.00 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested and I can text you pictures or E-Mail which ever will work for you.

Mcneuby

·
Registered
7,661 Posts

·
stone
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank-you to everyone's responses! You guys are great!! Please send me pics of the guards when you get a chance.

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
Knifemaker, I have 3/8 x 4". I'm thinking 4" down to 3.5, instead of 4 5/8 to 3 5/8?

Think it'll still be good?
You'll have to measure the stock peg, as the dimension I used (4-5/8) covers the top of the peg (after the rubber inset is removed) 4" might not fit right....although I'm pretty sure the boards are wider than the peg, can't remember what the minimum width I had was.
The taper to 3-5/8 " is just to maintain stock ground clearance when leaned over.

The hole placement is more critical as to give the same clearance for the shifter and brake lever...(no adjustment needed for them)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Sara

I make a few of pairs of footboards for my 2002 750 Vulcan. Sent me your email and I will send you some pics and see if you like the way I made them. If you do we can work something out.

Mike

1 - 20 of 35 Posts