Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Wow, nice find! I guess the K&N and Uni brands are bad for the bike?

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not if we want a washable, reusable filter. I didn't check to see if they were all oiled filters, a mix, or what. We can't get paper filters for the earshave, I don't think.

Looks like the Uni fared better than K&N on some of the charts. But I'll bet they aren't the models we're using.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Not if we want a washable, reusable filter. I didn't check to see if they were all oiled filters, a mix, or what. We can't get paper filters for the earshave, I don't think.

Looks like the Uni fared better than K&N on some of the charts. But I'll bet they aren't the models we're using.
I just checked my plugs and air filters maybe 1/2 hour ago and my uni's are nearly dry! After 200 miles, roughly, they need to be re oiled. I hope K&N filter oil works ok, otherwise, I'll have to run them dry until I get uni's oil.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't touched mine yet to see, but I did use K&N spray oil that I've had on the shelf since the early 90s. Have only oiled them once so far, gotta check, have close to 200mi on them.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts

I am running a single paper filter on my ear shave... cost like 9 bucks at the Gold house (NAPA) too... lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Everybody knows that most GM products are great....Im gonna look for AC/Delco plugs for my VN....I been a Chevy man most of my adult days...still believe in the pre 1973 cars....
Only GM product that sucked dogs ballz was that antifreeze of theirs (Dexcool)....that was a major yuppie oops btw....found out....the engineers didnt want it released, but the suits did anyway....kill-all-yuppies....

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am running a single paper filter on my ear shave... cost like 9 bucks at the Gold house (NAPA) too... lol
Is that the 2-1 under the tank?

I'd probably try an AC plug too.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
I thought about using a single filter, but wanted the performance look the pods give. Plus, they have direct access to cool air. I'd be concerned about engine heat hindering performance by keeping the air too warm.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Not meaningless data. Meaningless to some maybe.

The filter media is the same, regardless.

·
Super Moderator
11,993 Posts
Not meaningless data. Meaningless to some maybe.

The filter media is the same, regardless.
I did not know AC Delco made air filters for motorcycles. Or Baldwin, Wix, etc. I do know Uni and K&N do. Who makes the stock filter?
Where can I buy "No Brand" filters for my bike? :)

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Take one hand, cover everything to one side of "Uni", take the other hand and cover everything to the other side of "K&N", voila.

Mommy will cut the crust off your bread in a minute, just drink your milk. :p

·
Super Moderator
11,993 Posts
Take one hand, cover everything to one side of "Uni", take the other hand and cover everything to the other side of "K&N", voila.

Mommy will cut the crust off your bread in a minute, just drink your milk. :p
Ah, so you're saying to disregard about 70% of the data because its meaningless.... I thought I said that?;)

Be nice if you posted the link where you got this from BTW. As this might help me know what the test criteria was so the data wouldn't be meaningless............. to me.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's just a simple solution if you only want to see the Uni and K&N results. No other intent implied. If it's meaningless to you, don't look. Mommy also said quit hitting yourself in the head with the hammer and it won't hurt so bad.

·
Super Moderator
11,993 Posts
It's just a simple solution if you only want to see the Uni and K&N results. No other intent implied. If it's meaningless to you, don't look. Mommy also said quit hitting yourself in the head with the hammer and it won't hurt so bad.
Nothing's ever simple.;)

I retract my statement. The info here is not meaningless....

It's useless. I just went online to confirm that the only Uni filter one can use on the Vulcan is their foam pod filter...like one would use in an earshave. The ones they make for cars and used in the test seem to be pleated paper? Not sure......

Well, not useless if you're doing an earshave.

Mom likes me better you know.....

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Bearcat
135 Posts
There's no such thing as worthless and meaningless data. You just have to figure out how it applys to your life. If nothing else is achieved with this post it has give me something to ponder while selecting air filters for my family's vehicles. Is the extra money spent on high end filters like k&n worth it or should I go for the cheap "no brand" filters that get replaced every 12k

1 - 20 of 20 Posts