Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed an order two weeks ago with Motorcycle Carburetors.com for main and pilot jets (and shims) so I could do the ear shave on my '01 and possibly on my project bike. Never heard anything from them after I placed my order, and today is two weeks since my credit card was charged. Shot out an email last night (and again today) and have been told that the pilot jets are on back order until mid-August!! :mad: Doncha think they'd have sent me an email to that effect after I placed the order? Or sometime in the interim?

So, here's the thing: I either need two #40 pilots OR I want to sell (my cost and I'll eat the shipping) the pods and filter I got for the job. Anybody, anybody?

Also, niterider, my apologies again in re: the airbox and carb boots. Anybody have an airbox and carb boots for niterider for a decent price? I've got extra clamps for the boots so he's just in need of some of the other "ear" parts.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
All I need is the air box and the rubber boots that go to the carbs.
I have the rubber boots ,send me your address,and while I am on here I was supposed to send someone some rear peg hardware and had forgotten who and exactly what so if you read this and you are the party that probably thinks I am full it of by now , remind me who you are,I'm just senile was it you nite or could it have been Flite control,I'll go back thru my emails and see if I didn't delete it.The little hamster in my head fell off his wheel!

·
Registered
721 Posts
hmmm.. I am thinking of doing the shave... not sure.. still reading up and seeing if I could/should...

·
Sparky!!!
8,696 Posts
niterider, do you have the chrome covers for the airboxes? If you do, I have the filter housing (back side) that I could have the wife send you....but i do not have the covers

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Placed an order two weeks ago with Motorcycle Carburetors.com for main and pilot jets (and shims) so I could do the ear shave on my '01 and possibly on my project bike. Never heard anything from them after I placed my order, and today is two weeks since my credit card was charged. Shot out an email last night (and again today) and have been told that the pilot jets are on back order until mid-August!! :mad: Doncha think they'd have sent me an email to that effect after I placed the order? Or sometime in the interim?

So, here's the thing: I either need two #40 pilots OR I want to sell (my cost and I'll eat the shipping) the pods and filter I got for the job. Anybody, anybody?

Also, niterider, my apologies again in re: the airbox and carb boots. Anybody have an airbox and carb boots for niterider for a decent price? I've got extra clamps for the boots so he's just in need of some of the other "ear" parts.
Cindy Darlin, just go to the nearest bike shop or Kawa dealer, they'll have the jets and they are really cheap.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
H-D also sells Keihin jets. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
H-D also sells Keihin jets. :beerchug:
I picked up my jets at a YAMA dealer for the same price as mail order. Paid tax, but got them the same day.

FYI - do more research here, you may want 42 pilots and 142 mains.

DT

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE

AFter sending an email back to MCycle Carbs, I got an immediate response from the same gentleman who'd written me about the backorder until August: "Ironically, they came in today's shipment. I'll have them out to you on Monday."

WTF?! After Alanis Morrissette, how could someone still miseuse "ironically"!? lol Seriously, though, what's that about? Mid-August today, "Whoops, I meant today"? If I need to go to 42./142s, I'll definitely look elsewhere.

·
Registered
748 Posts
All I need is the air box and the rubber boots that go to the carbs.
The surge tank? You need the ducts between the tank and the ears, too?

Got both; PM me. Be Tuesday before I can send 'em out.

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts