Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,837 Posts
Shipping from the UK will be expensive, I know it was over $100 to ship one from the US to Netherlands.

When I installed the Mustang, I had to cut a large notch to allow the seat to fit over the mounting for the luggage rack. Without the notch, there was a gap between the seat and the backrest, making it look too short.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I have a mustang seat I got off of eBay this year. The only modification I needed to do was to get longer bolts and add a few washers to them. I didn’t have to cut anything to make it fit.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
9,837 Posts
I have a mustang seat I got off of eBay this year. The only modification I needed to do was to get longer bolts and add a few washers to them. I didn’t have to cut anything to make it fit.
View attachment 54034
Is that an F&S luggage rack though?

The seat I had wouldn't sit all way back due to hitting the rack. Had a gap between the seat and the toolbox frame.

Suppose mine could have been an early one, maybe later versions have a relief pocket in the back?

I remember the fiberglas pan was really thick, like 3/4" maybe.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Yes it’s a stock luggage rack, I just have a Givi top case and that’s the plate the box locks into bolted onto the rack. One thing I forgot to mention is because I modified the tool box, I did have to put a piece of aluminum across the bolt holes on the back of the tool box to make it sit flush but the seat would’ve fit fine without the tool kit. But to get it all to fit I needed longer bolts.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Well between the piece of aluminum stock on the tool kit and the washers I’d say the bolts I used were about 3/4 inch longer than stock. I couldn’t find bolts in between size wise at the time so that’s why I used the washers. To be honest I didn’t even consider the threads because the seat butted right up, I just couldn’t get the stock bolts to catch.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Here's a UK seat website says they fit but are a little short

I looked at both links, this is the only seat that looks like it will fit with out modifying a stock bike. Regardless of what the other link says those seats with no passenger backrest definitely will not fit a stock bike without some sort of mod. The UK one appears correct and the write up says in so many words that you need a “US sissy bar”, which to me means it won’t fit the older bikes that may have the short back rest without swapping the rear. Look at these two pics to show the difference.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tail & brake light

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
7,034 Posts
I too had to use longer bolts on my Mustang seat. but there was no cutting of anything to get it to fit. I simply slapped it on and bolted it down. off I went. 🙂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts