Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I want to get rid of the sissy bar. I was originally thinking about changing to a solo seat, but I have a wonderfully broke-in Mustang seat that has been on the bike for 5 years, and I really don't want to give up the comfortable ride just for looks. I am thinking about having the little verticle sissy bar part of the seat removed, but keep the horizontal part of the pillion. Then I would move the turn signals and get rid of the grab rails and sissy bar. The seat would attach using the rear grab rail mount.

I know lots of people have done this to OEM seats, but I don't remember anyone modifying a Mustang like this. If so I would love to see a pic.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
i haven't heard of anyone modifying a mustang. but if you want to it shouldn't be that hard. just peel back the cover, chop off the back, attack bracket for mounting to grab rail, trim and reattach the cover.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it will be a relatively easy project. That's the only kind I can do! I guess I hesitate because the seat is pretty valuable as is and this isn't reversable like most of what I have done to it. On the other hand, I don't forsee selling the bike (or the seat for that matter) as long as I can ride. It's worth way more to me than I could get for it. I'm probably going to do this. I'll put up some pics when it's done.

·
Registered
555 Posts
chopping a mustang seat. hmmmm. I guess weigh the pro's and cons. but if you're going to keep the bike until she dies. I say do it.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
OK, I want to get rid of the sissy bar. I was originally thinking about changing to a solo seat, but I have a wonderfully broke-in Mustang seat that has been on the bike for 5 years, and I really don't want to give up the comfortable ride just for looks. I am thinking about having the little verticle sissy bar part of the seat removed, but keep the horizontal part of the pillion. Then I would move the turn signals and get rid of the grab rails and sissy bar. The seat would attach using the rear grab rail mount.

I know lots of people have done this to OEM seats, but I don't remember anyone modifying a Mustang like this. If so I would love to see a pic.
What are you going to use to attached the fender? Those arent "Grab Rails" those are "Fender Stays", other wise your rear fender will be a bit on the "bouncey" side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts