Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
since I installed the engine crash bars, my big foot is having a hard time shifting. Anyone know if there is a shifter extension or a foot shifter that fits out bikes but the peg part sticks out farther?
thanks

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Kuriacken makes a shifter cover that will stick out a bit farther, not sure if that is what you are looking for.
Have you tried moving the shifter up or down, thee is a 10mm bolt that you can remove slide the shifter out and move it up or down.
Word of advise mark teh shifter where it is so you know, I had to do mine a couple of times because I kept puttin it back where it was and thought I moved it.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/913/Shift-Peg-Covers

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I moved it up and down but had no luck

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Kuriacken makes a shifter cover that will stick out a bit farther, not sure if that is what you are looking for.

Have you tried moving the shifter up or down, there is a 10mm bolt that you can remove slide the shifter out and move it up or down.
Word of advise mark the shifter where it is so you know, I had to do mine a couple of times because I kept puttin it back where it was and thought I moved it.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/913/Shift-Peg-Covers
A caution about rotating the shifter lever up or down on the splines.
There are 32 splines on the shaft, which = 11.25* per spline.
Moving the lever only one spline will move the shift pedal ~1 3/4" up or down, which is way too much. I know because I tried it.
If you rotate it down, you cannot get your toe under the pedal.
If you rotate up, you have to raise your foot high off the footpeg in order to down shift.

I haven`t found an easy, safe and efficient way to extend the shift pedal.
The Kuryakyn pedal cover looks good, and may make it a bit longer, but the additional thickness gives even less space to fit my boot toe under it for the upshift.

The only real solution that I see is to heat the lever with an acetylene torch, stretch the bend angle out a bit, and to the left away from the mc frame 1/2-3/4".

You might be able to friction fit a cheap socket over the shift pedal tight enough to work as an extension somehow. Not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts