Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my stator back from Tim Parrott. First.. It's NOT the one I sent him - we agreed he would be rebuilding and returning mine and not replacing it. Second, there is rust on the outer ring and clear signs of significant wear that were not on the one I sent. Pics attached. I have no confidence in this unit and need opinions. I'm pissed. Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You're kidding, right? That looks like an excellent rebuild job and the rust doesn't matter for sh!t. I see good thick epoxy and copious use of lacing tape and insulating sleeving and they did a pretty good job of masking the epoxy out of the mounting surface.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Tim does great work.. but.. an agrement is an agrement...call him.. Tim is good at makeing things right... but.. its looks like you have a good replacement stator...his stuff always rocks!

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Thats a Damn good looking stator there, stop your whinning and put it back in your motor and get back to riding.:baby::BLAM:

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
Looks like the one I got from him and it is a beast when i start it up I have 14v at idle. Dont worry about the rust. It is an oem stator rewind you can tell by the extra holes in the center just put it in and ride. btw with my original stator i was getting 68vAC @4k rpm with TPE stator rewind I got 96vAC @4k rpm

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Man..I want to run mine till it fries then put that beautiful stator in! I just don't wanna do the work....:) If it ever happens....uhaul to georgia!

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies. Tim is going to get me what I've asked for, and for that I thank him solidly. Same thing goes to those of you offering useful information in response to my inexperience and fear in the face of this entire ordeal.

I think I'll change to read-only status for this forum from now on. I'm tired of being made to feel stupid. Thanks for the sarcasm, a-holes.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
What effect, if any, does this have on the R/R?
I am not running the factory r/r I have the shindengen Fh012aa from roadstercycle I used the universal kit it is supposed to handle 50a and the heatsink is huge

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Tim is going to get me what I've asked for, and for that I thank him solidly. Same thing goes to those of you offering useful information in response to my inexperience and fear in the face of this entire ordeal.

I think I'll change to read-only status for this forum from now on. I'm tired of being made to feel stupid. Thanks for the sarcasm, a-holes.
I don't worry to much about the sarcasm ,I can feel stupid without any help.Hang in there msh that's how you tell they love you.At least that what I keep telling myself;)

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
I appologize for calling you a whiner, I figured with you being on here you migh have had a little thicker skin...shrugs:huddle:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts