Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'm a pretty good wrench and automotive educated.
I am running Vance and Hines pipes and have done every trick known to reduce or eliminate the popping on deceleration.
A couple of weeks ago I converted to MCCT's that I put together for $10.
The first ride, as I was listening closely to the engine for ticking, I also noticed that my popping on decel was gone?
What? It has been a few hundred miles and several around town rides now, and the popping has not returned. :smiley_th

·
Registered
77 Posts
Very nice. I plan on doing the MCCT conversion soon. Don't think I really need to but am going to anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Be glad and don't look a gift horse in the mouth:)..But it could be that if the cam chains are slapping around and rattling there may be enough slack in them to let cam timing vary a little between acceleration forces on the chains and then the slack moving the opposite direction on decel.Who knows? But if it stopped the popping ,good enough:smiley_th

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be glad and don't look a gift horse in the mouth:)..But it could be that if the cam chains are slapping around and rattling there may be enough slack in them to let cam timing vary a little between acceleration forces on the chains and then the slack moving the opposite direction on decel.Who knows? But if it stopped the popping ,good enough:smiley_th
I was thinking about the timing too.
Who knows?
I'll take it though :smiley_th

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
The popping on decel on the VN750 is just a fact of owning it. I coastered mine, and the popping decreased for a bit, but then came back just as ever before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts