Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
I have a National Cycle Plexifairing 3 now.

I would like it better if it were shorter.

I prefer to look over the shield.

I like the look of this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VVIBE8/ref=dra_a_cs_lb_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradis-20

I would like to hear from anyone that has some experience with it.
If your only negative is that PF3 is too tall you could cut it down. I believe this has been discussed and outlined in several posts here with very good results. Do a quick search and you should be able to find the steps necessary to accomplish this. If you really want to change to a totally different style then I am sure you will be able to sell the PF3 with no problem as I have read of multiple interested parties for that shield on this forum. Good luck.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
I've got one and I hate it. It sits at just the right height to block the wind; however, it's the right spot to where I either need to look below the top edge over over the top edge. Drove me bananas! Even if I raised as high as possible, it would allow air to pass between bottom edge and headlight, effectively voiding its' purpose. I took it off and never put it back on. I figure, if I were one on my face, why have another on the bike? Right?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got one and I hate it. It sits at just the right height to block the wind; however, it's the right spot to where I either need to look below the top edge over over the top edge. Drove me bananas! Even if I raised as high as possible, it would allow air to pass between bottom edge and headlight, effectively voiding its' purpose. I took it off and never put it back on. I figure, if I were one on my face, why have another on the bike? Right?
Would you consider selling the one that you have ?

For a good price I wouldn't mind checking it out for myself.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Would you consider selling the one that you have ?

For a good price I wouldn't mind checking it out for myself.
I would; however, the shipping will cost about the same as the item if not more due to it's dimensions. Stupid shippers want to estimate cost based on dimensional weight, not actual. Last member who was interested in it, I quoted him $100 shipping via USPS and it was more with FedEx and UPS because calculated dimensional weight was around 50LBS. It'd be almost the same price as a new unit. So, unless you want to come get it, I won't ship it.

Thanks for the interest though.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts