Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going for it! 1000 miles in 24 hours, and 1500 miles in 36 hours!

I live in the northern IL area and I'm taking interstate 88 to 80 out to Cheyenne WY and then south to Denver, CO. Once I get to my first stop in IA, I'll post a link so you can follow me on GPS. I can post my planned stop locations and times as well, if any of you are in the area and wanna say hi as I go by. I obviously can't hang around and chat though. Got places to be!

I'll leave at or before 5:30am CST. I'm running 100-110 miles between stops, running 75-80 GPS speed, and I should arrive just before sunset, around 9:30pm CST. Day 2, I'm going to try to get to Junction City, KS before 5:30 pm for the 2nd achievement. That might not happen if we dawdle leaving Denver, but I'm ok with that. Day 3 is just getting home.

I've wanted to do this for a few years, and it's even the reason I bought the ignition module. I wanted to do whatever I could to improve MPGs to make this trip possible.

I'll have a chase car with a couple of gallons of gas in it, as well as other supplies. Here goes nothing!

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts
I'm going for it! 1000 miles in 24 hours, and 1500 miles in 36 hours!

I live in the northern IL area and I'm taking interstate 88 to 80 out to Cheyenne WY and then south to Denver, CO. Once I get to my first stop in IA, I'll post a link so you can follow me on GPS. I can post my planned stop locations and times as well, if any of you are in the area and wanna say hi as I go by. I obviously can't hang around and chat though. Got places to be!

I'll leave at or before 5:30am CST. I'm running 100-110 miles between stops, running 75-80 GPS speed, and I should arrive just before sunset, around 9:30pm CST. Day 2, I'm going to try to get to Junction City, KS before 5:30 pm for the 2nd achievement. That might not happen if we dawdle leaving Denver, but I'm ok with that. Day 3 is just getting home.

I've wanted to do this for a few years, and it's even the reason I bought the ignition module. I wanted to do whatever I could to improve MPGs to make this trip possible.

I'll have a chase car with a couple of gallons of gas in it, as well as other supplies. Here goes nothing!
Good luck and God speed!

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Dang! That's hard riding on a goldwing let alone a VN. Not enough wiggle room on our little 750's. Good luck and post pics if you got the time 📷
Much smaller bikes have completed the 1,000 miles in 24 hours Iron Butt, including at least one Rebel 250. If a good rider has determination, they'll go a long way, regardless of what they ride.

Reactions: dirtrack650

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
Start the trip with Buns of Steel?

I've been on mine long enough in one day that I ended up sitting on the passenger seat just to change position.

On my Yamaha I'd use the passenger pegs but didn't try that on the VN.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Much smaller bikes have completed the 1,000 miles in 24 hours Iron Butt, including at least one Rebel 250. If a good rider has determination, they'll go a long way, regardless of what they ride.
I can put way more miles on my ADV GL500 than the Vulcan. So damn comfortable and 5gal tank 👍 plus 64mpg

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hey all, I'm heading out tomorrow morning around 5:30am Central Time. I should be in Davenport around 7am. At that stop, I'll post my location tracking link if you want to follow my progress. I plan to roll into Denver right around 8:30pm Mountain Time. I have a Spotify playlist cued up, 7/8 gallons of water, 1/4 gallons of gas in a side bag, and a chase car with another 2 gallons and a tire repair kit. Fluid levels are all good. Tire pressure good. Luggage packed. Here goes nothing!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
Hey all, I'm heading out tomorrow morning around 5:30am Central Time. I should be in Davenport around 7am. At that stop, I'll post my location tracking link if you want to follow my progress. I plan to roll into Denver right around 8:30pm Mountain Time. I have a Spotify playlist cued up, 7/8 gallons of water, 1/4 gallons of gas in a side bag, and a chase car with another 2 gallons and a tire repair kit. Fluid levels are all good. Tire pressure good. Luggage packed. Here goes nothing!
Cool, live tracking or you update it?

One suggestion....

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The link will be live tracking. I am only waiting until the first stop so my home address isn't shown to anyone that would click the link.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
You will earn honor and glory in my book if you and your VN make it. Prayers and a shot of fine whiskey to you my friend. Pics!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
Looks like you were lost or just finding your way into the world's largest truck stop and Caribou Coffee. You were moving back and forth in one area, then appeared stationary.

Cruising out I80 now, westbound and down. Making good time too!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts