Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Be True, Be Safe!!!
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I read it somewhere but can not find it. Do the Iridium plug come pre gapped or do you gap them. If so what to. I will continue to search but I bet posting this is faster. Thanks

Found it. Pre gapped.

·
Registered
796 Posts
You should still check the gap. It could have been changed if the box was dropped or rough handling in shipping. I have always checked the gap and would say 50% of the time the gap is off.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Thought I read it somewhere but can not find it. Do the Iridium plug come pre gapped or do you gap them. If so what to. I will continue to search but I bet posting this is faster. Thanks

Found it. Pre gapped.
Check the gap. Two of mine were way off. .032-.034 works good. Be careful of the center electrode if you have to re-gap them.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Be very careful on checking the gap on Iuridum, The tip is very sensitive and you can damage the plug.
All our factory plugs for Toyota state right on them "Do not gap"
The coting on the plug is so thin that you can scratch it and cause a thin spot which will result in premature plug failure.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Be very careful on checking the gap on Iuridum, The tip is very sensitive and you can damage the plug.
All our factory plugs for Toyota state right on them "Do not gap"
The coting on the plug is so thin that you can scratch it and cause a thin spot which will result in premature plug failure.
They are suppose to come preset at .035" from the factory. Take the advise above; verify and install the ones that are and return the ones are not.

p.s. Mine were all properly factory set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts