·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Yes.
I got them cheaper at a local auto parts store but that isn't way off.
And you will have to gap them yourself. Its good practice to tripple check your gap.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Yes,right plug. I got mine at Advance Auto for $6.99. They use stock number 7803 for the plug, comes out a cheaper price. They are pre-gapped but you should check them. The tip is so fine that it is risky re-gapping them.

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
245 Posts
Do NOT try to re-gap those plugs, as those fine wires are too fragile. If they look to be in the ballpark, leave them alone. I wouldn't even recommend using a tool to check the gaps on them. Too easily damaged.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Yes.
I got them cheaper at a local auto parts store but that isn't way off.
And you will have to gap them yourself. Its good practice to tripple check your gap.
I used to have a link to an NGK chart saved, but cannot find it right now.
As I recall, on NGK spark plug number DPR7EIX-9, the "9" refers to the plug gap measured in mm, and means 0.9mm.

In reality, I believe the DPR7EIX-9 plug comes pre-gapped between 0.8-0.9 mm, (0.032- 0.036") which is exactly what vn750 specs call for.
Checking the gap is fine, but adjustments should not be needed on these new plugs.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Bought iridiums a couple of years ago. Took them out of the box, never touched the tips, screwed them in and felt the increased power. Do not gap them or check them with a tool. If you bought the ones recommended for our bike just pop them in and enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts