Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 kawasaki vulcan 750
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm Jeff I own a 1999 kawasaki vulcan 750 for at least a year. and new member to the forum located in Bessemer, al. I have a lot of hobbies but mostly like to ride when I have a running bike. I've been riding between street and dirt bikes since I could walk just not a expert unfortunately. My mechanical experience is hit or miss if I'm confident 90% it will be fixed, if I'm not confident I won't touch it to avoid costly mistakes (like serious electronics). What brought me here was the knowledge of the 750's posted here that helped me TREMENDOUSLY as I had no clue just how much of a pain it is to work on these compared to honda,Yamaha or Suzuki. Hopefully one day I'll be able to take some trips with My 750 when it runs long enough. Here are some pics of before and after.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Welcome aboard!

And do you know what the hell it is?
Looks like one of these, but I'm not sure....

·
Registered
1999 kawasaki vulcan 750
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the machine!

How do you like the headlight?
I like the headlight but I've only been able to ride it once before it decided to have a mind of its own. I just wish I could wire the entire headlight. I have the DRL hooked up that look a good with the light, there's another wire that turns it amber when you activate your blinkers,but it's only one wire so if I
remember correctly I'm you wire both blinkers to one wire it might back feed and both would blink.

·
Supporting vendor
65 Posts

·
Registered
1999 kawasaki vulcan 750
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I'm Jeff I own a 1999 kawasaki vulcan 750 for at least a year. and new member to the forum located in Bessemer, al. I have a lot of hobbies but mostly like to ride when I have a running bike. I've been riding between street and dirt bikes since I could walk just not a expert unfortunately. My mechanical experience is hit or miss if I'm confident 90% it will be fixed, if I'm not confident I won't touch it to avoid costly mistakes (like serious electronics). What brought me here was the knowledge of the 750's posted here that helped me TREMENDOUSLY as I had no clue just how much of a pain it is to work on these compared to honda,Yamaha or Suzuki. Hopefully one day I'll be able to take some trips with My 750 when it runs long enough. Here are some pics of before and after. View attachment 53903
View attachment 53904
Welcome, looks great. I have the came bike it has 11,650 miles on it, got it back in August. It had been sitting for 16 years so have to do every thing. Now I want to convert the headlight without changing the light bucket. I found a radiator cap that fits at O'Riley's auto parts they matched it. Murray 7516.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the headlight but I've only been able to ride it once before it decided to have a mind of its own. I just wish I could wire the entire headlight. I have the DRL hooked up that look a good with the light, there's another wire that turns it amber when you activate your blinkers,but it's only one wire so if I
remember correctly I'm you wire both blinkers to one wire it might back feed and both would blink.
When you say it got a mind of its own, what do you mean? Does it not turn on and work properly or is something else wrong with it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts