Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Not currently an owner - more like doing preliminary research. Newbie rider, trying to look for semi-sane alternatives for a commuter vehicle in Los Angeles, CA.

Rooted around the 'net, manufacturer's web sites, dealer showrooms, et cetera. Settled on having to choose between a
Suzuki S50 :itchy-scr Kawi V750.

So far, the V750 seems like a bigger bang for the buck in features, so I figure I'd dig in a bit deeper and see what the owners say - if the issues they encounter are of significance to me in my buying decision.

If I do get a bike, I plan to take the MSF courses first, plus get the gear - a part of the budget.

From what I've seen, the SV750 is good except for a) possibly a small-ish gast tank, b) the stock seat has garnered some complaints, and c) something about getting a maintenance-free battery as soon as humanly possible.

For my part, the seat did feel comfortable, but could have been better when I sat on it - and I do not think replacing it would be a great huge deal.

Still researching how to have extra fuel. Some good info on this site - the fuel cells look promising, but there are safety and CHP concerns (California Highway Patrol).

Battery? Narf? This one I'll research some more before I get the bike.

Soo... yeah. That's where I'm at.

·
Geek
872 Posts
I think the seat is more of a weight issue. I put on 120 miles this past Sunday and didn't have a problem but I weigh in at 155. As far as the battery, use up what you got. When you need to replace it, upgrade. As far as the tank size most bikes of this size are about the same. Bigger bikes have bigger tanks. I guess they feel we won't ride as far on a smaller bike. The above ride was with my wife, together about 275 pounds and I got 52 mpg.

·
43 Posts
rnewell said:
I think the seat is more of a weight issue. I put on 120 miles this past Sunday and didn't have a problem but I weigh in at 155.
I beleive Ron is correct about the weight issue. I put almost 200 miles on my bike this past sunday and at 220 pounds I was feeling it by the end of the ride.

Bob

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
The VN750 is a good bike verry reliable as long as you listen to the group.
1. Don't overtax the electrical system
2. lube the splines.
3. Have fun
other than general maint. bike is good, the seat is a personal chice. Everybody will have a different responce to that.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all who replied.

Yeah, I figured that the seat gets uncomfortable based on personal preferences. I'll RTFM and search around the forums and the World Wild Web before making my final decision(s).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts