Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this very interesting VN750 on craigslist... Any of you ever seen anything like this done before? Trikes aren't exactly my thing... But, thought it was interesting and thought you guys might be interested in seeing...

http://valdosta.craigslist.org/mcy/1932482226.html

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
That looks like a Voyager Trike kit,and that looks like a good buy for an 06,the kit it self is rather expensive and it is removable,it adds an extra set of wheels and the rear drive tire is between the out board wheels.
I have seen a couple of these and they are pretty well made.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
I would think a 750 would tend to make an underpowered trike.........

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I saw a Voyager kit on a H-D at the local bike night a few times this summer. It weighs about #150 the owner said. It would be more noticeable performance wise on a vn750 for sure, but it would have made it possible for me to be able to ride at all the last 2 summers.

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
I would think a 750 would tend to make an underpowered trike.........
Compared to what? A 1200cc Goldwing or a small block chevy? You ain't going to set any speed records on it but the VN750 has enough power to get you moving, even on three wheels. (Or is it four? I think the extra wheels are more like training wheels on a bicycle as the stock rear tire still drives the bike, if I remember correctly)

KM

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Compared to what? A 1200cc Goldwing or a small block chevy? You ain't going to set any speed records on it but the VN750 has enough power to get you moving, even on three wheels. (Or is it four? I think the extra wheels are more like training wheels on a bicycle as the stock rear tire still drives the bike, if I remember correctly)

KM
You would be correct on this KM they are a lot like an overgrown set of training wheels But I think the you are right,The 750 would pull it nicely,but then again most people that would buy one aren't planning on taking it to Bonneville any way,It would be very nice for some one with an injury that prevented them from riding that couldn't lay out a bunch of cash for a Trike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts