Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone new of any bolt-on intakes for an 86 VN750 that replace the stock airboxs possibly pod filter spikes, also if i did this intake mod and straight piped it what jetting should i use? any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts
don't know of any spike pods offhand but k&n rc2340's work.I don't remember the uni part number.as for jetting I'd start with 142/40 and two shims under the needles would you mind doing an introduction in the newbie section? where in NY are ya at?

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response! what i'm kinda looking for is something to go in place of the stock airbox instead of right off the carbs. i have even considered taking out the intake chamber that is under the gas tank and making my own with either aluminum or carbon fiber charge pipes. Any ideas on all of that? anything helps :)

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Probably best, and easier, to just put pods on it.

Uni PK92 is what I'm running. Just beware of the cheap China filters, they block the ports at the carb throat and it won't run that way. K&N or Uni is the best bet.

Ditching the airbox makes carb work a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't know of any spike pods offhand but k&n rc2340's work.I don't remember the uni part number.as for jetting I'd start with 142/40 and two shims under the needles would you mind doing an introduction in the newbie section? where in NY are ya at?

Do you know where i could get the jet kit and is there any guide or video on how to jet the carbs on this bike?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts
I bought jets and shims at a local shop,as I don't think they sell a kit.as for a video,I'd have to dig a little to find one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts