Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1985 VN700A
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dead_hors Hello all, well, I thought i'd be smarter than the bike this time and not have to fight the carbs for the 4th time in it's life in our family....was better I pulled the Intake boots off.....:p.......NOW my dumb ass can't remember the position they were in as far as angle, I kept them separated front to front, rear to rear so that's ok, but where does the wide side go? top, bottom, side, inside...???? I'm tired, gave the carbs a total going through yesterday and today, it had been sitting in dad's garage for 8 years, I do remember driving it in, worked fine then....LOL, I need sleep......:zzz: Thanks all for any feedback........Gene.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
You have to line up the marks or indentiation on the motor with the rubber nipple things on the boots.

·
1985 VN700A
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH, Ok, I did'nt know that.....I will try that if I can see it my eyes are gettin' bad, THANK YOU VERY MUCH....!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
lol I was wondering this myself, but only one of the rubber boots accidentally came off when I took out the carbs. Sadly, I have to take em out again anyway :-/ I keep hearing something like a vacuum leak sound, so I'll take em out, recheck everything, put that rubber boot in the correct position and put the carbs back in there :-/ I hate taking out the carbs on this bike!!

·
1985 VN700A
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:rockon: I could'nt agree with you more, the carbs are a pain in the butt...and KIMMERLING made my day, told me how to line them up, THANK YOU THANK YOU......!!!!!!! when I put mine in I put a little WD40 on my finger and wiped around the carb ends and they slid right in, but I had to push the boot over the lip on each side with a blunt screwdriver, as not to create more problems for myself.....I fired it up today after 8 years of sitting in dads garage, went through everything on bike and made sure it was all good to fire up.....:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper: Have a good one and good luck on yours......!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
thanks

:rockon: I could'nt agree with you more, the carbs are a pain in the butt...and KIMMERLING made my day, told me how to line them up, THANK YOU THANK YOU......!!!!!!! when I put mine in I put a little WD40 on my finger and wiped around the carb ends and they slid right in, but I had to push the boot over the lip on each side with a blunt screwdriver, as not to create more problems for myself.....I fired it up today after 8 years of sitting in dads garage, went through everything on bike and made sure it was all good to fire up.....:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper: Have a good one and good luck on yours......!!!!!!!!!
I have to thank Lance for teaching me about carb placement through his free tech support.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I couldn't find any marks on the boots or the engine, except for "F" and "R" on the boots.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Should be some type of nipple, tab, or indentation on the rubber boot and on the entry into the engine there is an indentation or elevation that is on the edge of the area that the rubber boot would seal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts