Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read thru quite a few threads here regarding adding some bags to the vn750. Many of the posts were more than a couple of years old.

From what I can surmise, both by looking at my bike and reading here, is that I'll have to relocate the turn signals rearward to accommodate a set of bags.

OK, no problem. Except that I can't locate any brackets for the relocation. I don't have access to a machine shop, so fabrication isn't my first choice.

Are there any options? Or, am I just left with a tank bag or using a bungee to secure a duffel to the seat?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
Not all saddle bags require moving the turn signals.

You also do not need a machine shop to fabricate a simple relocation bar. You really only need an electric drill, a piece of bar stock...or some angle stock..(found at most Lowes) , and some bolts , wire and electrical tape.

There are a few folks here that can post photos of their home made mounts, not really hard to do...if you are not that concerned with making them look high end.

You can also buy after market signals than can bolt to a luggage rack and you can even mount some marker lights meant for trucks to the back of your saddlebags.

So be inventive and look at what others have done.

KM

·
Registered
686 Posts

You also do not need a machine shop to fabricate a simple relocation bar. You really only need an electric drill, a piece of bar stock...or some angle stock..(found at most Lowes) , and some bolts , wire and electrical tape.

There are a few folks here that can post photos of their home made mounts, not really hard to do...if you are not that concerned with making them look high end.

You can also buy after market signals than can bolt to a luggage rack and you can even mount some marker lights meant for trucks to the back of your saddlebags.

KM
I defer to wisdom above, but I took the easy way and purchased a kit from RonAyers.com. Enter K53021-094 in the search field. Everything needed is in the (pricey) kit.

Look here

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
If you have the money, spend $150 at Ronayers.com and get the KAW Fire and Steel Supports. They come with the turn signal relocator.
I myself went with the F/S kit, and i am happy with it. I have the Visions hard bag. Somewhere on the forum i have pics and stuff posted in a thread, if you do enough searching you will find them and alot more.

As a side note, i did make my own turn signal relocator brackets first, they work, but i still needed the saddlebag support bars themselves, so i just broke down and bought the whole kit.

The ones i made dont have the drop down with the hole for the saddle bag support to bolt in to, but they will still work it u just need to move your blinkers back like for softbags.

Peace out.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

KM
I have a set of saddlebags with amber truck marker lights that were my signals, that I had on my 750 if any one is interested.

I have been debating whether or not to sell them because of the size,shipping them would suck.They are Viking Charger Slanted you can see specifics on them here http://www.vikingbags.com/motorcycle-saddlebags-medium-700-prd1.html

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As usual here... thanks for all of the assistance.

I went to ronayers.com and entered K53021-094 in the Search field. I guess you have to take this on faith, as here is what's displayed:

Product Specifications: No feature data defined for this item.
Related Items: No items listed.
Reviews: No reviews submitted.
Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop (online microfiche): Part Number K53021-094 is not found in our microfiche.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
As usual here... thanks for all of the assistance.

I went to ronayers.com and entered K53021-094 in the Search field. I guess you have to take this on faith, as here is what's displayed:

Product Specifications: No feature data defined for this item.
Related Items: No items listed.
Reviews: No reviews submitted.
Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop (online microfiche): Part Number K53021-094 is not found in our microfiche.
that is because it a a discontinued item now.. a few months ago, a lot of the KF&S items for the vn750 have gone bye bye. your best bet is to search ebay, craig's list, and your local papers... or an even better idea.. take out your dremel, and a sketch pad and go to work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You would think they would remove it from their website if it's no longer available. The site let me order one, and I got a confirmation email. I'm gonna call in the morning to check on it.

If this doesn't pan out I may have to head over to a friend's place... I know a couple of guys who have metal-working tools.

Or, I may just investigate moving them to the license plate frame.

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
You would think they would remove it from their website if it's no longer available. The site let me order one, and I got a confirmation email. I'm gonna call in the morning to check on it.

If this doesn't pan out I may have to head over to a friend's place... I know a couple of guys who have metal-working tools.

Or, I may just investigate moving them to the license plate frame.
Hey, yeah Ronayers.com has been working on their website for several weeks now, i got the same message when i ordered my brackets, don't worry they have them, they just dont have pics n details up on their site for it.
I emailed them and got a quick response and the guy said they do have them and they are just working on their site, i went ahead and ordered it, got it in about a week.

Anyway, if you go with the fire/steel supports you will be very happy i think.

Peace out.

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Is anyone willing to manufacture some like the way Keyman did his? I don't have the capability/facilities/rarely have the time to do so. I would purchase them...........

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Is anyone willing to manufacture some like the way Keyman did his? I don't have the capability/facilities/rarely have the time to do so. I would purchase them...........
Who is Keyman?? I don't know who he is or what he did to even know if i can do it.
I am a service tech for Massman Automations, we design, build, service etc, custom packaging machinery, i have full access to tons of materials and mills, lathes, welding, etc. So with a detailed print i know i could have something made, but i wouldn't be able to get it to you in a hurry, personal projects are last in line for the machinists, lol.

Anyway, ttyl

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
"Who is Keyman?" you ask.......... go to Baldy's post above and click on the bottom link he provided.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I just discovered I have an extra set of the F&S relocators. Looks like all they are missing is the wire extensions. Need to check them out better.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
What do the F&S ones look like?

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
I'm not sure that they would work for me. Looking at the side pics of where the F & S repositioned lights would be, and then looking at the side pics of the Viking saddlebags that I'd like to install, it looks like the F & S positioning would have them still interfering with the opening of the Viking bags.
I think I'd need a relocation bracket putting them lower and more rearward.
I need to coordinate with someone that can manufacture the liscense plate area bracket and then purchase one from them.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts