Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to put on a new clutch cable tomorrow. When I bought the the bike 2 years ago it was really tight and I lubed it, but I don't trust it. I already have a new cable ready to go on. Is there anything special I should look out for when changing it? Is it going to be pretty simple?:smiley_th
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I was going to put on a new clutch cable tomorrow. When I bought the the bike 2 years ago it was really tight and I lubed it, but I don't trust it. I already have a new cable ready to go on. Is there anything special I should look out for when changing it? Is it going to be pretty simple?:smiley_th
Thanks
It is pretty well cake,unhook the handle bar end and start feeding it out and start the other going right behind it and you'll be sure to route it the same way and on the engine end note how much thread is protruding and put the new in as close as you can get to the same amount and your adjustment will be fairly close.

·
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
OK, got it all done and adjusted with no problems. Could have really gotten stuck with the old cable, take a look at this. Only 2 strands remaining.
View attachment 2792

View attachment 2793
That looks like my cable when I changed it! Glad you changed it when you did because its a real pain trying to push the bike while in gear! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts