Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some Vulcan p0rn for you guys...

Installed my windshield and luggage rack today. (thanks romeobravo and slowbox)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks slowbox. It ain't perfect, but it's mine! Still have a lot of cleanup to do to it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Schweeettt!! I really like that color. :rockon:

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Looks perfect from here.

How would you rate the windshield?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trust me, it's a 10-footer. The closer you get, you'd see the imperfections. Mostly dents in the exhaust and a few blemishes. Other than that I really can't complain though, it's pretty decent.

I haven't actually taken the windshield out on the road yet. Just installed it last night. And on top of that, I only go around the neighborhood so far, so I can't really say. It does look really sweet though, and installed easily.

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Trust me, it's a 10-footer. The closer you get, you'd see the imperfections. Mostly dents in the exhaust and a few blemishes. Other than that I really can't complain though, it's pretty decent.

I haven't actually taken the windshield out on the road yet. Just installed it last night. And on top of that, I only go around the neighborhood so far, so I can't really say. It does look really sweet though, and installed easily.
What windshield is that? I'm really thinking about getting one. I had bought one off Ebay that the guy said would fit the 750, but it wasn't even close...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but I think mine is called the Kawasaki Fire and Steel "oem" windshield. It was one of the options you could add on to the bikes when they were new. They don't make them anymore but can be found on ebay or on here. Post yours in the for sale forum, someone may want it for a different bike. I lucked out and found someone on this forum who wanted my memphis shades police windshield, and they had the F&S windshield, so we just swapped.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but I think mine is called the Kawasaki Fire and Steel "oem" windshield. It was one of the options you could add on to the bikes when they were new. They don't make them anymore but can be found on ebay or on here. Post yours in the for sale forum, someone may want it for a different bike. I lucked out and found someone on this forum who wanted my memphis shades police windshield, and they had the F&S windshield, so we just swapped.
I bet that's a National Cycle windscreen. I have a larger version with the same type of mounts on the windshield itself.

I took the time to check and I am right. Look here> http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N2590

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Cool, thanks... Really on the fence about a windshield. I really like the wind in my face, but it does get tiring on long rides....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I took the time to check and I am right. Look here> http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N2590
Again, someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but mine is a Kawasaki windshield. It has the Kawasaki logo on it (hard to see in the picture). Maybe national cycle is the company that makes it, and Kawasaki put their logo on it? Not sure. But mine is the Kaw model made specifically for the VN750.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/tinted-windshield-kawasaki-vulcan-125-500-700-750-1500/part/KAK-46001-010A

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
thats the VForce windshield from kawasaki.

got one. its ok for slower speeds (for me). higher it dont block enough wind... im a big guy on the bike and I act like a sail.

I will say however, it has saved me many big june bugs, and rocks so far.

but it is a very good looking shield. Just the right amount of smoke to it.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Again, someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but mine is a Kawasaki windshield. It has the Kawasaki logo on it (hard to see in the picture). Maybe national cycle is the company that makes it, and Kawasaki put their logo on it? Not sure. But mine is the Kaw model made specifically for the VN750.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/tinted-windshield-kawasaki-vulcan-125-500-700-750-1500/part/KAK-46001-010A
I looked up National cycle again. Part# N2590 is also the same part# for shield I linked. You can see all of them here> http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/results2.html?search_model=ka-046. Could be NC bought the rights to reproduce Kaw's shield under their name or vice versa.

Edit> Scratch that. I wasn't paying attention...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those NC shields are pretty close, but not exactly the same. If I were in the market to buy a new one though, I'd probably get one of those, since they look so similar. I'd say the mounting/adjustment is probably better too, being slightly newer technology. Either way, both look very similar for those interested in getting a shield.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
I have a Plexar 3 I'd like to sell; however, shipping is horrible due to carrier wanting to charge for a 50 lb item based on dimensional weight and not actual.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah when I shipped my memphis shades police model I had to use a big computer server box and it was like 37 dollars. Ridiculous! I think USPS would have been cheaper, but went to UPS first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts