Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Install went pretty well except they seem to stretch the rear brake cable a little.I guess this is just the way they are.Also you seem to have to tip your toe pretty low when in first gear to bring shifter back up to neutral.Cannot seem to adjust shifter up any higher.Anyone else run in to this with these forward controls?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've only had mine on for couple of weeks and not been able to ride the bike much since due to weather. For myself I noticed it's a little different. The more I ride the easier the shifting becomes. Hoping this week the weather stays dry for me to ride to work everyday.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
The break cable does get stretched to the limit with the forward controls but it will be fine. I do recall when I first installed mine, it did take a couple of weeks of getting used to the different foot position on the shift pattern. In fact, I remember developing cramps in my foot for a while due to using muscles and tendens I had never used before in the foot. I attribute a lot of that due to not riding in thick motorcycle boots but in riding in a high top gym shoe, kind of a cross between a race car drivers and a boxers shoes...........

Stevie D.
Chicago

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello- My Jardine forward controls are still in the shipping box. I am waiting for warmer temps here in NH before I tackle the install. Besides the stretched brake cable, any other hints or observations to make the install easier? I have the instructions from Jardine- they seem pretty simple and straight forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts