Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilt carbs installed, petcock rebuilt, new vac line for missing one front carb to petcock, new gas line for cracked rear carb line, all missing hose clamps replaced, new vac line to right air box cut at 45, new air cleaner elements in replaced missing ears, tank cleaned out, installed new AGM MF battery.
Don't think I've missed anything, I checked float chamber levels roughly by using an unmarked clear tube, the rear drained slightly more fuel than the front but seem to be fairly close to reference screw top (per clymer's). Should that be close enough or do I need to be more precise?
Now I need to set the mixtue screws and see if it runs. Is the initial set 2 1/2 turns out? or what? If it will not start go out more or in? After getting it running smooth (positive thinking) then sync, where is the sync adjustment screw anyway?
3z

·
50 Posts
Sounds like you've been busy.

Comes from the factory 1 5/8 turns out, if I'm not mistaken. Mine are set at 2. There's a pretty wide range that it will crank fine in, so if it doesn't start it's not likely that the problem is the air mixture screw setting.

Here's a pic of the carb sync screw. This shot is looking at the bottom of the carbs from the left hand side.

Good luck!!! :smiley_th Fingers crossed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts