Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the oil in the bike yesterday and pulled the screen, which I didn't do last time. Found just a few particles, one flake about the size of a pea split lengthwise and then cut in half, though not nearly that thick, just a flake. About three tiny metallic pieces, possibly part of a ring, and one tiny black piece, about pinhead size. So I'm hoping that means her engine is in good health.

Rode almost 150 miles today, she ran flawlessly. Had to get gas which unfortunately was ethanol, can't say I saw a big difference in performance but I did have to adjust the idle up a bit. So it would seem by that the ethanol really does have less energy.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Steve, while I would be concerned enough to avoid any 600 mile rides if she's running good just ride. Your bike is fairly low miles so maybe still just factory machining metal.

Remember that most posts on this site are from people who have problems so we hear more bad than good. Most people (who never post here) never have major problems.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Steve, while I would be concerned enough to avoid any 600 mile rides if she's running good just ride. Your bike is fairly low miles so maybe still just factory machining metal.

Remember that most posts on this site are from people who have problems so we hear more bad than good. Most people (who never post here) never have major problems.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
x2 !
Absolute !

:smiley_th

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
yeah you hardly ever see me posting that my bike is down lol

i was at walmart last night and when i went to leave the bike wouldnt start i popped the seat off and looked around then found the fuse for my ignition coil mod had blown so being flat broke and not having a spare fuse i re routed power to the relay and fired her up took me five mins from no start to knees in the breeze

1 - 4 of 4 Posts