Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a nice set of mirrors for my bike, but they have a 7MM X 1.25 thread.
The studs on the mirror brackets are 10MM X 1.0
Does anyone have any idea if there is a place out there that makes adapters?
Or what would be the easiest way to mount them?
These mirrors have both a running light and turn signals on the back side, and red LED's on the front side.
Thanks all. :beerchug:

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
I know that Cycle Gear was able to offer adapters when I was originally interested in switching out the mirrors on my Vulcan. I am not sure of the exact origin but they had them listed in a catalogue at their local store.

Your mirror find sounds interesting and a few photos are going to be needed for posting here so we can see exactly what you have now.

Good luck.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
You can find them on eBay. I needed a set when I changed my mirrors out.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I was on eBay and all I was finding was 10mm to 8mm adapters, and they were going the wrong direction... meaning 10mm female to 8 mm male.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I will look. I saw some sets in the Dennis Kirk catalog I received in the mail yesterday. I need 10MM Male down to 7MM Male, or 10MM to 5/16. I will have to double check the stud diameter on the mirrors again to make sure.
There is no bolt in the mirrors, just the threads for a bolt or stud.
Worse case scenario, I will drill a 10MM stud and tap it for the mirrors, or weld 2 bolts together to get what I need.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Why not just make the 10mm 7's by putting a die to them ?...Harbor Freight dies wont last long, but theyre cheap...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about that Wolfie. I would have to get a 10MM stud, and grind it down to accept the 7MM die, and hope it works good. I have 2 sets of Harbor Freight taps and dies.
I have a friend that will weld the 2 different sizes together for me, then I can try and make them fit.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
There ya go !....I always try to fabricate before buying.... ;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are the mirrors I bought. I thought they were the Kury's, but they are the Rivco's.
They have a 5/16X18 threads, not the 7MMX1.25. I found a set on the website for 6.00 a piece. So if I can't make a set here, I will but them from Dennis Kirk. They seemed to have the best price for the stud adapters. These mirrors are nice, but damned expensive.
https://www.denniskirk.com/rivco/custom-led-accent-mirrors.p397058.prd/397058.sku

1 - 11 of 11 Posts