Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a drive shaft coupler and final drive!
Just purchased my second bike about a month ago after I moved cross country to Colorado. ( first bike was a 82 Honda nighthawk 650sc) Been riding the bike back and forth to work everyday about ten miles round trip and things were great. Loved the bike and cruising as much as I could. Well on my way home from work after making a tight turn into my street I went to shift into second and had a horrible grinding noise. Long story short had to push the bike home a little over a mile.
Well today I finally got around to pulling everything apart after some research on this site and have determined that the drive shaft coupler and final drive splines are shot. Did a few searches for parts without any success.
Does anyone out here have these parts laying around for sale? This is my only transportation to work and I don't want to keep making my wife get up to take me into work at 5am anymore lol. I need to get this bike back together asap.
And a big thanks to fergie and everyone else that has posted about removing the final drive. Made this job a breeze.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Good splines are getting hard to find.

WilliamTech3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts