Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost finished re-assembling the bike, but I noticed when I removed the fuel tank and gas cap that many of the OEM parts (as shown on the diagram) are missing. Here's a screenshot of what I need. I was a little surprised that the total came to $81.63 from Partzilla!

If anyone has suggestions about alternative replacement parts (like, maybe I could find generic stuff elsewhere?) or if anyone has extras of these that you'd be willing to let go cheaper than this list, let me know.

Product Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't know if you have a have an Ace Hardware store near you or if you do, maybe their stock is similar to the ones near me. Almost everything on your list that is chrome (or stainless) and threaded they may well have. Around here the chrome stuff is locked up so you will need to ask for help. They do not have the special little chrome cross head bolts that secure the side covers though.

Also they have o-rings. (Although for about $10.00 the assortment box at Harbor Freight may have most of the ones you need.) The last time I looked at AutoZone for an o-ring they grabbed a red box that looked just like the Metric one at Harbor Freight. Ace also has an assortment of other odds and ends for lamp repair. The collar/washer that is part of the gas tank mount has a few parts that look like some of the parts in their lamp repair stuff. The fuel tank rubber grommets I have jerry rigged from old automotive shock absorber parts. If you look through their stuff you may find a lot things you can use.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Let me check, I have two bags of o-rings that I used on my bike. I might have that size. 9mm ID?
I might also have some of the fuel tank bolt/collar/spacer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts