Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been stuck with this issue for months. Long story short My brother stole my gas tank and fenders from me and completely messed with my bikes wiring.

I'm a hobbyist I'm no pro but I got everything hooked up but im having an issue
ill try to be as descriptive as possible.

Everything is hooked up except the turnsignals and the radiator.
i turn the Key and I hear a BUZZZZZ from the turn signal relay.
I cannot start the bike and the two turn signal idicators are solid.

So I connect the new aftermarket signals. Same thing but the right signal idicator stays solid and I cannot start the bike. I double check the wiring and still nothing. So i check it again and I double check ALL my wiring and im good.

Please help im about to give up. Make me very upset due to the fact this is all pretty much because my sibling is a [email protected]#[email protected]# among other very unpleasing words.

So please help a fellow lover of the ride. Anything could help I'm even willing to have one of you help me over the phone. anything please.

-Jon

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Ive been stuck with this issue for months. Long story short My brother stole my gas tank and fenders from me and completely messed with my bikes wiring.

I'm a hobbyist I'm no pro but I got everything hooked up but im having an issue
ill try to be as descriptive as possible.

Everything is hooked up except the turnsignals and the radiator.
i turn the Key and I hear a BUZZZZZ from the turn signal relay.
I cannot start the bike and the two turn signal idicators are solid.

So I connect the new aftermarket signals. Same thing but the right signal idicator stays solid and I cannot start the bike. I double check the wiring and still nothing. So i check it again and I double check ALL my wiring and im good.

Please help im about to give up. Make me very upset due to the fact this is all pretty much because my sibling is a [email protected]#[email protected]# among other very unpleasing words.

So please help a fellow lover of the ride. Anything could help I'm even willing to have one of you help me over the phone. anything please.

-Jon
Hey Jon,

Any other signal lights on on your dash? Battery charged (sorry, had to ask)?

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Just that one and the oil light and the batter is charged i left it charging for a whole day
And you've checked all your grounds for clean surface and tightness?

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Yes sir actually just sanded the main ground today
Jon, I'm still a rookie with troubleshooting electrical issue, but will try to think of other things to check and get back with you.

Do you have a Clymer manual?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I have the manual Im just not sure what that trouble code means if it is a trouble code. Would the bike start with open circuits or will it not with things like the turn signals not connected?

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Yea I have the manual Im just not sure what that trouble code means if it is a trouble code. Would the bike start with open circuits or will it not with things like the turn signals not connected?
I would think the turn signals not being connected shouldn't have any bearing on it starting..

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Its going to be something silly, a crossed wire, a plastic connector that is undone, take a break hook up the radiator go over the connections in the manual might make it seem overly complicated check it front to back.

Guarenteed something dumb.

·
Registered
458 Posts
You say the bike does not start, How does it not start. Does it do anything when you hit the starter button? nothing, clicks, or just turns over?

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
You say the bike does not start, How does it not start. Does it do anything when you hit the starter button? nothing, clicks, or just turns over?
The starter rolls as if there wasnt enough juice, I had the same issue, then the next day I found an unhooked connection, Best wishes. I am eager for you to get it running, and to know the true issue. - C

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Shot in the dark but check the connections to the kill switch on the right grip cluster .....

Could it be that simple?

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Just nothing. No responce when I hit the start buton. Just the buzzing from the relay
First of all, measure the battery voltage while you are trying to start the bike. If ok, then proceed step by step:

1. The white wire (pin 2) of the junction box 8 pin connector should have 12V coming from the battery through the main fuse.
  2. Tank off - the red wire of the ignition coil should have 12V coming through the ignition switch and the kill switch.
  3. The black (or black with red stripe) wire (pin 11) of the junction box 10 pin connector should have 12V coming from the start button when the button is pressed. This is the 'upper left' corner wire in the connector, if you consider the latch side 'up'.
  4. The wire at pin 12 of the junction box 10 pin connector (next to the right from the step 3 wire, again lock side is 'up') should NOT have 12V when the start button is pressed. If it does have 12V, the starter lockout system is preventing starting.
  5. The Y/R wire of the starter relay should have 12V when the start button is pressed.

After these steps you should have a pretty good idea where to look to solve the problem. Or at least we can tell you where to look.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
update`

Ok Fellas heres my update.

New battery still nothing.
When the key is on ACC the right directional indicator light is on and the neutral light is on. But the directional and headlight are not on. When i turn the directional switch to the left indicator and relay flash but no light. When i turn it to the right nothing happens. the only thing actually working is my break light when i hold the breaks and such. when i turn the key to on to try to start the bike all the lights shut off and the relay buzzes louder. So i tried arching the starter solenoid with a screw driver and it turns over........

Thats where I'm at now. F%$# my life.

all your help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
When the key is on ACC the right directional indicator light is on and the neutral light is on.
By ACC you mean Park (P)? In this position only the tail and license plate lights should be on, and front parking light if your model is earlier than A5. The turn signals should also work. If you have anything else on or anything else works, the wiring is not correct.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats where im confused. I tripple checked everything and its all connected right according to the book. The licence plate light doesn't work. Im just plain confused hah

1 - 20 of 27 Posts