Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, it's time to replace the old brake fluid and put in some new fluid. what is the best way of doing this?

thanks guys.

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
pump brake handle hold the handle open bleeder screw repeat till there is clean fluid squirting out ( i usually rototate on each caliper ) also make sure the master doesnt go empty

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Do you really need to pump the lever? I would think simply opening the bleed screw a bit if would drain the master cylnder. Just make the MC level and add fluid as it drains. Do one caliper at a time.

Cover your bike with plastic anywhere you might spill fluid btw.....

·
Registered
445 Posts
I take my caliper off and open the bleed value a bit, attach a clear hose to it, then compress the piston. All the old stuff gets pushed out, then fill from the MC, slowly pumping the lever, with new fluid and the piston still compressed. Once I get nice clean fluid and making sure there are no air bubbles, I close the valve, remount the caliper and then do the other side. Once it's done, I make sure the brakes are nice and firm, top off the MC if needed, and take off on a long test ride. Many ways to do it and this is just the way I do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts