Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a 18mm X 1.5mm bolt. 3 to 4 inches long will work. I need it to remove the magnetic flywheel on the left side of the engine.
Seems like all of Fisher County is out of them at the time.

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
I suppose you have tried Ace Hardware..? I have found most all bolts I have needed there. What about wrecking yards or the like?

Good luck.

AZ Kev

·
Super Moderator
11,867 Posts
I am in need of a 18mm X 1.5mm bolt. 3 to 4 inches long will work. I need it to remove the magnetic flywheel on the left side of the engine.
Seems like all of Fisher County is out of them at the time.

Well.........

I am guessing the two bolts you got sticking out of your neck are not metric?

:)

Hey, its my birthday I get to do what I want........

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Happy birthday KM

Niterider,

I have the puller for that rotor. If you pay shipping, I could mail it to you for use, and you mail it back when you're done. Priority flat rate takes about 2-3 days and would cost just over $5 each way.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Most of the time you can find a right bolt at Tractor Supply or the Co-op, I get most of mine at the Co-op because they have grade 5 cheap...
But I don't know about metric at Co-op...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Happy birthday KM

Niterider,

I have the puller for that rotor. If you pay shipping, I could mail it to you for use, and you mail it back when you're done. Priority flat rate takes about 2-3 days and would cost just over $5 each way.
I was gonna offer the same. They're next-to-impossible to find, so I splurged and got one off of eBay a couple of years ago. Not something one needs every day, so rotating 'em around the Forum seems a good solution. :smiley_th

·
Registered
97 Posts
Crobins, thinking of it that way, I'd be glad to just send him the puller. When someone else needs it, ship it on down the line. The only important thing it to make sure that whoever you send it to is an active forum member (not that I have the best track record)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I used the rear axel from a xs650, it worked great. I also used the rear axel nut to take the deep spark plug tubes out. Maybe the rear axel of the vn750 would work? Just a thought.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
niterider, I talked to the local International/Case farm dealership a couple of years ago, and they keep some M18 X 1.5 bolts in stock because they are used on one (or more?) of their implements. You might try calling them, if you have one close by. (If anything is "close by" in Texas. :))

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well.........

I am guessing the two bolts you got sticking out of your neck are not metric?

:)

Hey, its my birthday I get to do what I want........
Happy Birthday,KM.

Frankenstine, is american, right? Those bolts are SAE. lol

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used the rear axel from a xs650, it worked great. I also used the rear axel nut to take the deep spark plug tubes out. Maybe the rear axel of the vn750 would work? Just a thought.
Already been tried. Bolt too small.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to try to get one from a friend in town, Sweetwater, that has a shop. He said he may have one in the bolt pile.
Thanx for all the help and ideas. I'll keep ya'll posted.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that friend had the bolt, accually he had a few bolts. It is a head bolt off of an old cummins engine. Thanx for all the suggestions.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Well that friend had the bolt, accually he had a few bolts. It is a head bolt off of an old cummins engine. Thanx for all the suggestions.
Old Cummins engine & metric... Wow, never would have thought it...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
I just went down to my local Welding & Metal Shop & got a couple for $3.50 ea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts