Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a bigger tank, better seat, and floorboards for sale, i will buy them...please help my back and ass...

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Get a Protac drivers back rest. :beerchug:

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
If anyone has a bigger tank, better seat, and floorboards for sale, i will buy them...please help my back and ass...
There are many threads on how to make your own seat so thats always an option. Its simple to do and very cost forgiving when you compare it to purchasing a new or even used Corbin seat. Floor boards as stated above if you dont care to make your own and as for a bigger tank well you will have to custom fit one. Fab up some brackets and the Royal Star tunnel is close to the same as our VN750's and will work.

Peace :beerchug:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, already ordered floorboards from chad...curious about what i can do to the seat though wkrizan...where do i find more info? i'll check out the royal star tunnel now...gotta spend that refund on something i'll enjoy before it's gone and i dont remember how i spent it, you know?

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
thanks guys, already ordered floorboards from chad...curious about what i can do to the seat though wkrizan...where do i find more info? i'll check out the royal star tunnel now...gotta spend that refund on something i'll enjoy before it's gone and i dont remember how i spent it, you know?
Here is a pretty good write up and pics of another forum member here that made hius seat. I completed mine a while ago with the same over all thoughts as this guy did. I will have to admitt though that mine turned out better cause I did have a heat gun to stretch the vinyl when I stapled mine up. Anyways here is the link

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9327

The Search option is fairly easily navagatable FYI

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Or what da heck, I happen to have two spare seats that I wanted to do something with, I can cut one down and make you a custom job like the one in the above posted thread for, I dunno, hows $250 plus shipping? I would use memory foam for the ass area and marine vinyl with your choice of color (black or black). I can take a few pictures of mine to give you referance to my work if you like. Let me know!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Hey, Jerseychris! Sorry for the slow reply to your email, but flitecontrol bought the Mustang off me last month. However, unless I missed it, he hasn't posted that it's the best seat since sliced bread, so you might check with him about reselling (as well as follow up on wkrizan's offer).

How much snow did you get today??

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Hey, Jerseychris! Sorry for the slow reply to your email, but flitecontrol bought the Mustang off me last month. However, unless I missed it, he hasn't posted that it's the best seat since sliced bread, so you might check with him about reselling (as well as follow up on wkrizan's offer).

How much snow did you get today??
Well it's just been a few days since I got the tank back on and I've gone about 200 miles on the Mustang seat versus 2 on the stock seat. Really don't have much to compare it too, but my behind isn't complaining and I plan on keeping it. Thanks, Cindy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that would be fantastic man, what a great help! i would love to see pics first, the ones that i saw of the other guys look good. 250 is reasonable. just let me know and i'll send out the money order or check as soon as i get my refund...lol.
It's ok Crobins, it was my fault for taking so long...things just kept coming up, and had to take a last minute flight back down south...anyway, sorry for the trouble...and thanks for everything...

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
that would be fantastic man, what a great help! i would love to see pics first, the ones that i saw of the other guys look good. 250 is reasonable. just let me know and i'll send out the money order or check as soon as i get my refund...lol.
Hopefully I can get a few pictures taken of it tomorrow and get them out to you then. Wont happen today due to this is the one day a week that I work from 5am - 11pm. So I'll try tomorrow and we can go from there.

Edit: You will have to drill a hole in your rear fender to fasten down the seat with a bolt that will be provided with the seat itself, I just wanted to inform you of that one thing before we proceed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not a problem, i can drill a hole i think. what are your thoughts on handlebars? mine are the stock bars and they are ok. i was thinking of drag bars, but then also something more straight...i don't know

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
not a problem, i can drill a hole i think. what are your thoughts on handlebars? mine are the stock bars and they are ok. i was thinking of drag bars, but then also something more straight...i don't know
I love my Double T Drag Bars, I personaly will never go back to those stock elk horns. Theres a couple of folks on here looking for them as we speak. The person that I got mine from off of ebay isn't carrying them anylonger. So if you see them I would purchase them right away and don't waite cause they will be gone.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Here is a couple pics of my current seat, very comfortable and has the looks of the ever popular stinger seats that are out there.
Any questions please ask.

EDIT: If you decide that you want to go this route I would be selling you this exact seat but you would need to give me time to replace it with another that I would have to build. I am really happy with the way it turned out and dont want to try and sell you one that I wasn't sure of yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what did you do with the sissy bar? just hack it off file down the edges? it looks good man, i'm just not sure i want to hack off the bar....i'm the first one to admit that i am not mechanically inclined...

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
what did you do with the sissy bar? just hack it off file down the edges? it looks good man, i'm just not sure i want to hack off the bar....i'm the first one to admit that i am not mechanically inclined...
Thats exactally what I did, used a sharpy, drew a line, used a hacksaw and filed it smooth. Took a total of 20 minutes to do...LOL.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Sounds like you need a Nomad <g>
Just kidding, not sure about the tank, some people have added additional tank to get a extra galleon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I got the floorboards yesterday and i must say that they look great! it's a little cold today and kind of wet outside so i'll have to wait a few days to ride. Chad did a GREAT job on them and installation was easy as pie...i recommend to anyone that if they desire floorboards, contact chad, it's not expensive and a perfect fit...
...went riding today and it was fantastic, exactly what i needed...now if i could only solve the tank and seat problem....hmmmm.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts